Ohio-Cincinnati

Did you invite...

Your officiant to your reception?  I have of some people inviting theirs and others not inviting theirs.  We have no relationship with our officiant and we aren't getting married in a church.  If you invited your officiant did you also invite their spouse if they were married?

I have been planning on sending an invite to our officiant and his wife, but just wanted to get some other opinions.  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Did you invite...

• onlymelsonlymels
    500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I hae no clue if its required etiquette wise but it might be nice. I've known my officiant since I was born she's a friend of my mom so kinda like a aunt to me so I can't help there.
  • kelklumpkelklump
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    You should extend the invite. I did, mine didnt attend but he was very happy to have the invite. I think it is typical to invite them for dinner if that is an option.
  • edited December 2011
    Kel, I see that you used Bill Proud.  Did you invite his wife as well?

• edited December 2011
    We did invite her, yes, but she declined.  I think its polite but unless they have a personal relationship with you, they will most likely decline.
  • mindiosumindiosu
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I invited my officiant and her husband. She came, but he wasn't able to since he was out of town.  She came to our rehearsal dinner too.  I think you can do whatever you'd like, but it is a nice gesture to extend the invite.
  • edited December 2011
    we invited our Deacon and wife, but they declined. I actually had to call and ask if they were coming or not since they didn't RSVP. I thought that was kinda rude..I mean hellloooo shouldn't you know how much work goes into planning these things? The least you could do is RSVP!
  • kelklumpkelklump
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Yes I invited both but neither attended. I always think its nice to do it, plus they usually will count them as vendor meals, so you dont have to pay full price if that makes a difference.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help!  I ended up sending an invitation to him and his wife.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards