Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

marriage license question

does anyone know if hamilton county allows signed marriage certificates to be hand delivered back to their office after the ceremony?  we are under a huge time crunch and need our marriage certificate (and copies) ASAP after our ceremony.  i know that mailing it in will take a few days and then sit on someone's desk for a few days and then a few more days to process.  we really dont have time to wait so im curious has hand one had a minister (or themselves) deliver it back in person to have it processed right away?  i plan to ask this question when we pick it up, but i just want to see if anyone else has been able to do this.

Re: marriage license question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Call and ask.  They are very friendly and helpful.  I would think if your officiant is willing to provide a photo copy of his/her state licensure for you to take along, they would be happy to oblige you.  Or is that wishful thinking on my part?  Perhaps when you pick your license up you could arrange to deliver it back to the same person so there would be no surprises.  But that still doesn't promise you that it will get recorded with Probate Court immediately. 

Please let us know how it works out in case any of us has to deal with the same time constraints. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards