Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

**Mrs.Dilligaf**

I read in another post that you had your reception at the Syndicate. We are also having our reception there, June 5, in the Grand Ballroom. Any tips or thoughts I should know? I attended a reception there in August and had a great time! The only problem occurred when they had an issue with the AC and guests were complaining about the temp. We're inviting 250, and I am currently trying to decide what we would pick if we do a buffet. I appreciate any input, food reccs, or lessons learned!

Thanks!
Laura

Re: **Mrs.Dilligaf**

• Options
    edited December 2011

They took care of everything for me, I didn't worry about anything.  We were in the ambassador room, so the temp wasn't a problem.  We did the buffet- my family likes to eat.  I hate going to a reception and finding the plated dinner is nasty and there is nothing else.  We had chicken parmesean, prime rib, and the sides were fettucine alfredo, roasted red potatoes, broccoli casserole and mixed vegetables.  I tried to pick things that gave us something for vegetarians (just in case, I don't think we had any) and that hopefully gave everyone something they liked. 

They were super accomodating there.  I once called 2 days before a tasting to try something, and they added it to the menu.  We also didn't do passed apps, because we had a late wedding and wanted to start eating asap.  We did have a display that went over well.  If you're going to do the champagne toast, get a few bottles (at least) of the non-alcoholic.  We had both, and ran out of the non first!  I can't recommend anything only because they knew what they were doing so well, we didn't have to worry about anything.  If you have any questions, let me know!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards