Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

After the wedding...

What do you ladies plan on doing with your dresses? Getting them preserved, selling them, or something else? I was thinking about maybe having mine (along with my mom's) made into a quilt.  Has anyone else done this? Where would I get it done at?
~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker

Re: After the wedding...

• Options
    onlymelsonlymels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a CUTE idea. I wouldn't mind mine being made into a quilt. But mine has alot of beading on it and how would you wash it if need be?
  • Options
    ninjette04ninjette04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know lol, something to think about though.  Mine does too, I would guess dry-cleanning would be the way to go? ... I was just thinking about this, because I obviously won't wear it again, but at the same time, I can't see selling it (I'm very sentimental).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im doing a "trash the dress" photo shoot afterwards. then get it dry cleaned an selling it hopefully
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will probably sell or give mine away.  I know girls who have had theirs made into a christening gown for their child.  Most people I know have theirs stuffed in a bag in the back of their closet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have thought about selling mine b/c I obviously won't be wearing it ever again. I've also heard of girls making the lining of their baby's bassinet from their dress or the outer skirting of the bassinet too (this works well if you have a lot of tulle on your dress). I'm not sure though, I'm not one to keep stuff around the house, so I'll probably sell it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TTD session and then a donation to Brides Against Breast Cancer:
    www.bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/">
    http://www.bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/
  • Options
    abromanelloabromanello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine will probably be stored away or donated, I don't feel that sentimental about the dress.  I know my sister had all three of her children's christening gowns made out of hers by her mother in law and that was really neat too.  The quilt idea is a really neat keepsake!
  • Options
    ninjette04ninjette04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know... A girl on another board was talking about this and I fell in love with the idea.  The problem is, I just don't know where/who to go to, as I am NOT a sewer/quilter at all!! haha
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what is a trash the dress photo shoot?  I assume you're not really doing anything permanent to the dress since a couple of you said you plan to sell/donate the dress afterwards...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    ungraceful13ungraceful13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a TTD shoot or Rock the Dress shoot afterwards on my family farm and then hoping to clean it and donate it to either brides against cancer or selling it if I can.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't decided. The dress is very special to me - since parts of it is an heirloom. I know I want to take some of the fabric from inside the dress to make any child I have's christening gown (the opposite of usual - usually ppl have their gown sewed into the bodice of their gown so I've heard). Additionally, since I plan on tying in my Mom's gown in by wrapping my bouquet in a swatch of her, I'm hesitant in giving it away. However, I am really interested in the breast cancer donation site...
    But no matter what - dry cleaning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards