Ohio-Cincinnati

Cincinnati Zoo

Has anyone ever had their wedding with the Cincinnati Zoo?

I am having the absolute hardest time meeting with ANYONE at the zoo. They don't return emails. They don't return phone calls. What is the trick to getting in with this place?

This is still my dream location - though way out of my current budget - I'd still love to meet with them. :\
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cincinnati Zoo

• edited December 2011
    I would let them go. Sorry. When I was contacting vendors, I gave them a 2x limit. No return call or email after 2 attempts=no business from me. What about the zoo make it exciting? Take those items you like about the zoo and try to find a venue that offers something similar. Good Luck!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    yeah, i agree. If they are not willing to give you the time now(a new potential client), do you think they will be any easier to work with up until the wedding day? Do you want to be stressed about something and have them not getting back to you in a timely manner? Believe me, this process is already stressful enough with great vendors, you don't need to add that to your plate. Plus there are plenty other venues that will be more than happy to give you great service! As the previous post said, what is it that you love about the zoo? Could you re create any of it into a venue that is within your price range? Maybe try to google images for the look you are going for and pick a less expensive venue but see if you can give it a similar effect.
    The Future Mrs. Quallick Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks - I just wish they would have been a little more helpful - now if you want GREAT customer service - check out the Enchanted Village in Lebanon. They are so prompt to respond and are willing to do just about ANYTHING you ask for. My only dilemma is that venue is just a tiny bit too small.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BluEyedColBluEyedCol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We seriously considered having our wedding there and I toured the location and got a price quote. It was OUTRAGEOUS.  It would require us to spend a TON of money and would end up not looking very nice.  We are spending less than that at the Hyatt Regency downtown and it will be much more comfortable/convenient/nice than what the zoo had to offer.

We were really bummed about it too because we are both members of the zoo, but it was just not reasonable.  If you want more information about it, LMK!
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BluEyed, I've pretty much given up on the zoo at this point - based on the lack of response from them and what I've heard from you and other people. Our budget is fairly tight - so we're actually looking into the downtown/covington hotels now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted the Zoo too. But they never got back to us. So we simply moved on.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • thwinstelthwinstel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also tried to get in contact with the Zoo. I reached someone and they never got back with me about coming to check everything out. I dropped them and moved onto Moonlite Gardens in Coney Island. Deb has been really helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards