Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

country club drink pricing

Is it pretty commonplace for country clubs to price drinks "by the drink" instead of all inclusive packages?  Or does it vary place to place?

I am going to look at a country club next weekend and the pricing sheet they emailed me has it by the drink, but I was wondering if maybe I could negotiate an all inclusive price.  I don't want to be at my wedding and seeing a bunch of half drank drinks lying around and dollar signs flashing in my eyes lol.  Anyone have experience with this?

It seems like the amount spent on drinks with this is risky and depends on the mood/people at the event, and I love this venue but don't know if its worth the gamble.

Re: country club drink pricing

• Options
    GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What country club are you booking?

We are having our reception at Country Club of the North and they offered both options - priced per drink and open bar. We opted for the "all inclusive" packaged price for the same reason you mentioned above. We just dont want to have to stress about how much people are drinking. We know how much we are spending going into it.

I do think its unusual that they didnt send you a package price. I would definitely inquire about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    nics21nics21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    summit hills in nky.

Although on the pricing sheet it did not have all inclusive prices, in the email he wrote me he gave me an average per person as a ballpark, which leads me to believe it may be an option to do all-inclusive.

thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Four Bridges Country Club and we have an all inclusive price for the reception.  I would just ask and see if there is any way to get drinks in a packaged price.  Hopefully they will be willing to work with you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Wetherington Country Club and they offered both. The by the drink price would have been a lot more than the per person price since almost everyone at my wedding was drinking. I'd try to negotiate it. Also, they may offer more in actuality than it written on the sheet they gave you.
  • Options
    nics21nics21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.  Fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards