Ohio-Cincinnati

Vendor Revie 6-2

Cake- North College Hill Bakery - A-
-The ladies at this bakery were easy to work with and did everything we asked. The cake was affordable and standard. They dont do anything super fancy or trendy, but if you want an affordable GOOD, pretty cake this is the place to go! They did our groomscake too, and it all looked good and tasted good too!

Church - Xavier Chapel - A
-Everyone we worked here was great. We didnt use their priest, so I cant speak to that, but they were very accommodating and helpful. The only downfall is parking, but it turned out fine and they allowed guests to park illegally with no problem!

Reception - Cincinnati Club - A
-Diana was great to work with, very helpful. We loved the room here and the park in front. This venu had us from hello! I did a lot of DIY stuff, and they were very accommodating in allowing me to drop it all off and set it up etc. The only downfall was they did cut off the bar an hour early due to some guests being overserved, they hesitantly reopened the bar at our request. We instructed them to stop serving those they didnt feel comfortable serving. This was the only drama and they handled it very well.

Photo Booth - Cincy Wedding Services - A+
-These people were great! They called the week before to get the schedule down and showed up on time and were very normal. Very easy to work with and very affordable!

Day of Coordinator- Blue Dahlia - A+++
-Michelle is perfect to work with, very easy going and relaxed....but also on top of it! I didnt worry one bit and we didnt run behind all day! we were most concerned with staying on our timeline and she was amazing at making sure everything went smoothly! She also did quite a bit of setup for us and that went perfectly too! I just loved everything about her! She truly made me feel like a Bride!

Photographer - CJ Photography A
-Christina was great to work with. She was very good at getting the shots and working with the bridal party. the only part im concerned about and have yet to find is how quickly she gets the photos back to us. She was very quick with the sneak peak, as we got that sunday evening (Wedding was saturday). Very easy going and I know the pictures will be good. She also worked very well with the coordinator- I didnt have to worry about a thing!

Limo- A Touch of Class A
-These people scared me because I couldnt find any reviews on them beforehand. They had the lowest prices in town and I really worried about that ahead of time! They proved me wrong! Showed up on time and were very helpful and Cheery! Super nice and the limo was clean and the AC worked!

Hair/Makeup - Eye Do MakeUP (Paige J) -  A+
I loved Paige. I did 2 trials, and ended up using extensions. She was super patient with me as I truly was all over the place with my hair. I halfway knew what i wanted, but she ended up trying a bunch of things and even that day we changed it a bit. She was very patient and was so reassuring! My makeup ended up be great as well! I just loved everything about Paige, and she ended ahead of schedule, which was fabulous! I will tell you Crystal is not that friendly over email, but I never met her - so maybe its just me being sensitive!

DJ - Maize Music - DJE - A++++
DJE was amazing! he mixed music and kept the dance floor going all night! He ran the show with no issues at all! He was super friendly and easy to work with! Nemar was great too! They were slow to respond on the email, but they did wonderfully on the day of. They also worked really well with my coordinator!

Hotel Blocks-
Garfield - B
-This hotel is kind of dingy, but serves the purposed of families or people on a budget. We stayed here as the bride and groom and i wouldnt recommend it to anyone else. I wore my flip flops in the shower - it was just sort of Old. The service was also crappy. They were super slow at check in, the valet was never there, and the elevators are super slow!

Westin - A+
-These people were super! I wish we would have stayed here! They handed out our guest bags for free, although they said they charge 2$/bag, I never ended up paying. They were very helpful to my guests as well, everyone noted how nice it was.

Overall I had amazing vendors to work with, I would recommend all of them!

Re: Vendor Revie 6-2

• edited June 2012
    Thanks for posting reviews! Also lovely to see who others go with!
  • Congratulations!  It sounds like you had a great wedding.  I find it interesting that Cincinnati Club did that with the bar at your wedding.  I've been to 3 weddings there, and it's happened at every one.  I think they need to realize that people drink a lot at weddings!
    image 286 Invited
    image 243 Attending
    image 42 Declined
    image 1 Unknown
    RSVP Date: February 12
  • well and i think guys tend to be loud and obnoxious all the time - not hammered! I think they interpretted it wrong, but it was only about 15 minutes, so not too bad.
  • I just booked the Cincinnati Club for our wedding next spring! I am very excited about the venue and even more excited now that I read your review :) Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards