Ohio-Cincinnati

Ron Shuller Photography?

Ok ladies, I'm freaking out here.  I just booked with Ron Shuller two days ago, and got a good vibe from the company.  It also helped that they were within my budget.  Now I'm reading online that many people were unhappy with him.  Did I make a mistake?  Has anyone had a good experience with him?   Undecided

Re: Ron Shuller Photography?

• edited December 2011
    I had the same question.  im actually from Columbus but i purchased my dress from bridal and formal yesterday and they had amazing pictures every where.  I did just contact him for some info but dont know much about him since im not from cinci. and had never heard of him before yesterday.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't have a bad experience from him just didn't have a good one. Didn't get good vibes felt like he was WAY to formal and wasn't going to have any fun pictures!
  • natnat101natnat101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He seemed very stuck up. We are using Ashley Steele Love her. Good luck thow!
  • SunBear22SunBear22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My aunt used him at her wedding... and they had a few good pictures but the rest were not something I would have wanted. They were very forced images (he had us stand in manure in heels, all of us were sinking as he put us in weird angles). there weren't very many candid shots and the only shot of me with my aunt I was getting ready to sneeze in. I second there were no fun pictures. I would sit down with him before and tell him what kind of pictures you want.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't worked with Ron professionally, so I can't speak for that.  I have met him in the real world, and he is not my favorite person.

Is he the one shooting your wedding, or are you getting someone else?  I know he hires from the classifieds. 
  • edited December 2011
    We met with him too and got the stuck up vibe as well. If you meshed well with him and got a good vibe and you liked him then dont worry! I think great pictures come from peoples chemistry with their photographer/videographer...heck...anyone on our long lists! Is he the one photographing your wedding or is someone else from the company?
  • bfinksbfinks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Innovatory Photography is fantastic!!!  www.innovatoryphotography.com

Very reasonable.  He has such an artistic view, which I really like. His wedding day package is a great deal too.  Check him out!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_ron-shuller-photography-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:d755418d-b037-42bb-9725-fa815d304d96Post:11f1adf8-a70e-4f41-813e-b5824794b76b">Re: Ron Shuller Photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Innovatory Photography is fantastic!!!  <a href="http://www.innovatoryphotography.com" rel="nofollow">www.innovatoryphotography.com</a> Very reasonable.  He has such an artistic view, which I really like. His wedding day package is a great deal too.  Check him out!!
    Posted by bfinks[/QUOTE]

I do agree!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• lbrown713lbrown713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my bridesmaids used him and made sure that I did not choose him. She said she felt like she overpaid.
  • brownd9brownd9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Ron Shuller for our wedding in May. He did our engagement photos and they turned out gorgeous. Yes, he is a bit odd...but he was super easy to work with and we had a ton of fun. He took so many pictures and all of them were gorgeous and not super formal like some other have said.

I think if you talk about what you want with him that you will be happy. We told him from the beginning that we wanted more artsy, fun, & laid back and it was no problem.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Please do not use Ron Shuller. His company did our wedding in September and it was my biggest regret. Ron, himself, did not do ours, however. The two women that we had were not the best and for what we paid, I would have expected better. I have over 100 pics of me from behind that are useless and the 'fun' pics included her trying to convince the bridal party to strike a Charlie's Angels pose. It was beyond cheesy. Please keep looking...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards