Ohio-Cincinnati

Wedding Planner Costs

My fiance and I are looking at using a wedding planner.  About how much do these cost?  Is it a percentage of the budget, a fixed amount, etc.  We've had some quote us upwards of 5K, which seems quite steep for me.

Re: Wedding Planner Costs

• It all depends on how much help you need. Do you want them there from start to finish, then $5k may be reasonable. Do you only want them there to help plan in general terms? Do you want them to help only negotiate and settle on vendors...there are several different options.

I have had great luck with Simply Events, and Cincy Event Planning. I know CEP has a $30 per hour cost for planning and $50 per hour cost for actually being on site to help with set up. Some prices can be quite reasonable if you work with there a la carte options instead of a planner from start to finish.  

Good Luck!

• I went with a day-of.  She was awesome and only charged $800 - which included access to some great wedding decor (clear glass hurricane vases, etc).  It even included day-of massages for the brida and groom!

I suggest figuring out the extent of services you're looking for...
  • Keep shopping around. That's a steep price. The ones I've looked at for every step of the way have been way under $5K. I do agree with PP's that you should decide exactly what you need. It is usually a fixed fee. HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but if you need an inexpensive day-of-coordinator (DOC) we went with Sue Glew at Best Friends Errands.  She was $30/hr.

She doesn't specialize in weddings, (which may be why she is affordable) but her services were amazing.  She was on top of it, very quick, very friendly, and went up and beyond anything that I had asked of her.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I second Sue Glew!! She's amazing! And SUPER affordable!

• Erica (Burton) Unger has been a God-send for me and she will honestly work with your budget and give you quality service for whatever you need.  She is a newlywed, so she gets the hectic wedding planning lifestyle, and she has packages that start from day one of engagement, halfway through (where I picked her up), or only day of coordinating.  I suggest emailing for rates with what you are looking for ... she's been nothing but great!!

ericaaburton@gmail.com

Good luck ... hang in there! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards