Ohio-Cincinnati

**DebbieDew** (Or anyone else who know Chicago)...

Hey, you reccomended staying right outside of the city in Chicago... I was only Chicago once and it was on a school trip so I can't remember where we stayed, do you have any reccomendations??
TIA!!
~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker

Re: **DebbieDew** (Or anyone else who know Chicago)...

• bbohacbbohac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm no expert on chicago but i've been quite a few times. i know hotels around both airports are always the cheapest and if you get a hotel that's close to the el (orange line for midway, blue line for o'hare) you can get into the city quickly. I've always found really good deals on hotels directly in the city using hotwire. I'd definitly stay away from directly south of the city b/c the suburbs are pretty sketchy. Some of the west and most places north are fine! HTH!
  • HSchallHSchall member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Chicago so know my way around pretty well.  Where exactly are you intersted in staying?  Just give me an idea of a direction or a suburb that you would like to be near and I can probably point you in the right direction. 
  • ninjette04ninjette04 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! ... Not quite sure where exactly, I'm looking into Chicago as a honeymoon suggestion... I know that we want to eat at the top of the John Hancock Building if we go there...any suggestions?
    ~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker
  • HSchallHSchall member
    edited December 2011
    If you are thinking about coming to Chicago for a honeymoon I would definately suggest that you stay downtown in the city (around Michigan Ave), as opposed to outside of the city by the airport or in a suburb.  Give me a general idea of your price range for hotels and the types of things you like to do (shopping, museums, outdoors activities, etc.) and I can give you lots of ideas.
  • DebbydewDebbydew member
    edited December 2011
    Hello! We've went to chicago a couple of times. The first we stay at Hotel 81. We only ended up paying like $80/night for the room through hotwire, but when we got there, we had to pay over $30/night to park our car in a garage down the street...not fun. But we did love waking up and walking right outside. I would not recommend that particular hotel, however. It's one of those cities that is pretty pedestrian friendly, so you can walk a lot of places. The next time we went, we stayed about 20 minutes outside of the city at a Hilton Garden Inn in a suburb called Hoffman estates, which was very nice. We payed $50/night and had free parking. There were a few other hotels in that area, but I can't remember which ones. The Hilton Garden Inn was nice and comfortable and quiet. We did still have to pay to park our car while we were walking around the city, but it still came out way cheaper. I would really utilize sites like Hotwire and Expedia.

Just out of curiosity, I googled "chicago hotel free parking" and came up with this: http://www.ramada-chicago.com/homepage/. It might be worth looking into, I'm not really sure how fancy of a hotel you are looking for. HTH, and GL! If you have anymore questions, page me or PM me and I'll try to help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards