Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Q: Secular Officiants in the area

I recently started planning my wedding after getting engaged, and I am finding one part very difficult. My fiance and I are both athiests, but we want a traditional wedding ceremony, minus the religious aspects. Can anyone recommend a wedding officiant who is great at performing secular ceremonies? I have found several highly recommended non-demonitational officiants, but I'm not sure if they will do a great job at performing a secular ceremony. Any advice?

Re: Q: Secular Officiants in the area

• Options
    AlbertsoncAlbertsonc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Chaplain Gary.  His contact is 5132568945; chaplaingaryehling@yahoo.com
    We didnt have any "religious" speeches or anything in our wedding and I thought he was GREAT! You can contact him and see what he says about it! He is a very open guy!
  • Options
    aor9487aor9487 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Pastor Steve Means. He's got sample ceremony scripts on his site, but will work with you to customize what you're looking for. We just met with him this week and instantly clicked. Because we have a toddler, he had all these neat ideas and suggestions on incorporating her into the ceremony like adding an extra color to our unity sand for her to pour and presenting her with a small gift after we exchange rings. 
    pastorstevemeans dot com
    HTH!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Bill Proud.  When we met with him he gave us copies of several sample ceremonies that we could use.  He also said we could combine them however we wanted or create our own altogether.  I'm sure he would do whatever you wanted.

home.fuse.net/proud5junocom/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having one of our good friends perform it, he is getting ordained just to do our wedding and that way we will be able to tell him exactly what we want him to say-- it is a nice way to personalize it and it will be the traditional ceremony-- we are even having readings but our readings will be from like christopher marlow and elizabeth barrett browning so it will be very traditional but without all the religious aspects
    That is the true season of love when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could have ever loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Kathryn Siefert (Brides of Cincinnati).  She will do anything ceremony-wise you request (have her tell you the dog story).  She's fun, helpful, very talented in the writing department, and a lovely lady to work with.  Read her reviews on Wedding Channel and you'll get a good feel of her and her work. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_q-secular-officiants-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:f9df6534-68bb-459f-ac86-ab6ba4ed4470Post:f68c1308-8c1f-44fd-90ca-4e9863c8a6dd">Re: Q: Secular Officiants in the area</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Chaplain Gary.  His contact is 5132568945; chaplaingaryehling@yahoo.com We didnt have any "religious" speeches or anything in our wedding and I thought he was GREAT! You can contact him and see what he says about it! He is a very open guy!
    Posted by Albertsonc[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thank you for the great advice.  We decided to use Chaplain Gary for our wedding this June and he did a great job.  He was very well prepared, arrived early and worked well with the wedding planner.  We highly recommend Gary.</div><div>Brian and Stephanie

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards