Utah

Am I Behind?

Hi All,I just need a little advice. My wedding is May 22, 2010 and yesterday I was on the knot community board for fellow knotties with weddings next May and they have so much more done than I do! Should I really already have my caterer, baker, limo, etc. all booked already? So far I have booked my reception hall, ceremony site, photographer, and officiant. I am on time with everything as far as the knot checklist goes, but I'm wondering does anyone have experience with what in Utah gets booked quickly? Maybe I need to speed up my planning! Any thoughts would be appreciated!Thanks!Lyndsy

Re: Am I Behind?

• edited December 2011
    Lyndsay, oh girl you are so on top of it. I had the same feelings when I started really planning my wedding in February for my recent August wedding. Yuu have all of the main stuff booked which is great. Don't let those other knotties get to you. I got my invites done the week before they needed to be sent out. Use them to your advantage, they'll have a lot of good ideas for the DIY projects and what not. I didn't use a DJ, but maybe that would be the next thing I would start looking in to because I noticed this summer when girls were booking them they were filling up fairly fast. Let us know if you need any help, I'll try and check back at least once a week. Stefanie
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Stefanie! That makes me feel better! I think we'll work on the caterer next. We aren't doing a DJ either so thank goodness that is something I don't have to worry about. We met our photographer this past weekend and he said he was already booked for most weekends as far out as next July! WOW! I appreciate your advice though! I'm sure you'll see more questions from me soon! Thanks again! Lyndsy
  • StefanieM522StefanieM522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on May 22, 2010 as well and you are doing really well so far.  I have my reception and ceremony site booked, my dress orderes, my bridesmaids dresses ordered and my cake done.  I am meeting with a photographer next week.  When I met with my cake baker a few weeks ago, she said that Saturdays in May, June and July get booked up fast so said that I was right on time with it.  Maybe start looking at bakers now.  You don't have to have a design set or flavors picked out to put down a deposit.  Good luck!! Let us know if you have more questions.  Thats what we are here for.  Congratulations!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MrsOpieMrsOpie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendors book up faster then you might think.  Here is the order I booked everything for our wedding:VenueDressPhotographerCatererCakeBridesmaid DressesFloristMusicOfficiantAny vendors that offers a service should be booked far in advance since they can hold that day only for you.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married May 15, 2010 and I have my wedding/reception site booked, my dress bought, my bridesmaid dresses, cake figured out and photographer. I am currently living in california and won't be back in utah until January. I hope everything else falls in place ok!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards