Utah
Options

Non-Religious Reception/Ceremony site

I am moving to Salt Lake in a few months and planning to get married there in the summer of 2011, I am looking for a venue to hold the reception and ceremony but I do not want both to be outside because of the hot weather. Any suggestions?

Re: Non-Religious Reception/Ceremony site

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Utah Museum of Fine Arts
    Utah State Capitol
    Fort Douglas
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are these three all pretty good for non-religous ceremonies? meaning my family likes to drink and I have to have a bar... that is turning out to be the most difficult part of picking a venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The best option is to call the venue and ask if they allow booze.  Most will require a caterer with insurance to pour the drinks.  UMFA is a for sure yes because I got married there and we had booze.  Most venues allow booze because it's more money in their pocket to offer it.

Other venues:
    Red Butte Gardens
    Millcreek Inn
    Log Haven
    Inn on the Creek
    Johnson Mill
    The Canyons
  • Options
    BShreeveBShreeve member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    La Caille is also worth checking out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Heritage Gardens and we are having a secular ceremony and alcohol.  They include fresh flower centerpieces and linens in their rental price, which is often the same as other venues so you get more bang for your buck.
  • Options
    jillberyjillbery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Noah's for that very reason. They do not require you to have a licensed bartender, which I found was costing around $300-$500 in addtion to the cost of the liquor. They have a location in South Jordan and one in Lindon. checkout thier website mynoahs.com
  • Options
    terracooperterracooper member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my favorite places is La Caille.  Here's a link to a really amazing deal they do that would leave some extra $ for drinks, since it usually costs more.

They have a great indoor venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Alta's Rustler Lodge (people can stay up there too, so no driving after partying) or the Rose Sachs Garden. Ive been to weddings at both. Both were beautiful. And at Rose Sachs i believe the folks brought in their own alcohol. 
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at The Tower in Rice-Eccles Stadium.  We are having ceremony and reception there, and we are serving alcohol.  It has a beautiful view too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Pointe. I loved the set up for our non-religious ceremony. they allow alcohol as well, great food and great to work with.
  • Options
    smiley2113smiley2113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Noahs in South Jordan or the Noahs in Lindon....both beautiful and you can do the ceremony and reception there! That's what we are doing this summer. It's beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Millennial Falls. It is gorgeous there...and u have the option of inside or outside. They have a 40ft waterfall and beautiful gardens. That is where I got married and I loved it! =]
    www.millennialfalls.com

It is in Draper. They are a non reglious site and they have an option to have a bar there. Hope this helps you out! =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards