Utah

Dress shopping! Northern Utah

So the ladies on my July 2012 board suggest I get a dress picked out very soon - as in by January as some designers can take 6-8 months for the dress to arrive (assuming an in stock altered dress isn't an option).

Logan has very little options of strapless dresses.  I am not interested in converting a gown with sleeves into a "tube top" like Levans in Logan is suggestion.  No thank you. 

What are some of your places to get a non-temple dress, for under $400?
I'd be willing to go to SLC, Ogden and anywhere north. 

I been viewing online:
Alta Moda
Gateway Bridal
Gallery by Lynette

However I have NO idea if these places do dresses under $400.  I saw an ad for Alta Moda "Dresses as low as $400!" which sounds like they could be out of my budget.

Re: Dress shopping! Northern Utah

• Alta Moda is probably out of your price range for the most part (but they may have some, I don't know).  The one I tried on there was $5000.  You could try David's Bridal, or Nordstrom. 
  • I would try out davids bridal- I'm not sure where all their locations are but I saw some of their styles online that were reasonably priced under 400. And they are not all temple dresses. That's where I'm planning to go dress shopping next month for my july wedding
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gallery by Lynette in Riverdale is having a liquidation sale because they are moving locations.  It's 4 days only next week.  I'm going to try there first! 
  • There is a David's bridal in Layton. I have a consultation with them next week. I'll let you know how it goes. So far they have called me weekly to remind me about my app. (Seems a bit pushy)...
  • GOT MY DRESS!!!

I went to the 4 day liquidation sale at Gallery by Lynette.  I got a lovely all lace strapless Casablanca for $400!!!!!  Sample dresses were 50% off!

I went to DB in between my two visits to Lynettes.  I hadn't tried on that many dresses, so I really just wanted to see what they had.  I wasn't too keen on the dresses at DB really.  Some of them you really need a tight under garment/slip or else every bulge sticks out (and I'm a size 6!).  One of their chiffon strapless A-line dresses was actually my runner up dress, but for the same price that Casablanca was much higher quality.

If you want to go above $500, DB does have many more options.  Their Galina line is very pretty, but I didn't want to spend that much.  I had to share my consultant with another bride (and her family).  I felt like she got more help than me, but I went alone. 

I'm so glad I got my dress! 
  • Dani's Bridal Works  
    7124 S Redwood Road, West Jordan, UT 84084
    (801) 657-4142 ‎
    danisbridalworksut.com

I got my wedding dress there for $200

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got mine at Fantasy Bridal in SLC.
    I found they had the widest selection of lace dresses, if you'r into that sort of thing.

Have you tried Petals and Promises in Logan?  They have a big selection as well.

--April 2012--
    April Siggy Challenge: How I take a Break from Wedding Stress
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards