Honeymoon Discussions

Anyone stay at Turtle Bay in Hawaii

Hi ladies, we're trying to decide on a place for our honeymoon and found Turtle Bay Resort in Maui! I was wondering if any of you have stayed there or heard anything. Any feedback would be great
TI A
Wedding Countdown Ticker
98 image Invited to celebrate!
57 image Will be attending
6 image Will be missing out
35 image Can't Find their mailbox

Re: Anyone stay at Turtle Bay in Hawaii

• They filmed Forgetting Sarah Marshall there =D sorry im no help =S
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • haha yes they did and my FI is very excited about that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• actually they filmed that movie at the Fairmont Kea Lani..
    in Maui--but maybe some shots were there?
  • Thanks for the advice I'll check it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I haven't stayed there but I've been there...funny enough it was while they were shooting the movie.  It's a gorgeous hotel and the staff is awesome.  I've seen it on lists of the best places to stay in Hawaii. 
  • I stayed there for a week in June 2009. It's really amazing, but one thing they don't tell you is that it's windy there 99% of the time, since it's located at pretty much the northernmost tip of Oahu.

Also, it's about an hour drive (depending on traffic) from the Honolulu airport to the resort, so be prepared for that. It's nowhere near the more touristy side of the island (i.e. Waikiki) but if tourist stuff isn't your style, then it's the perfect place to go.

Nearby are old Haleiwa town (great little town with a cute little surf shop), Waimea Bay (parking is hell, but there's rock diving there) and Sunset Beach where all the surf competitions take place in the Fall/Winter time.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards