• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

Week 7 Check-In!

Alright girls it's time to come clean!  How did you do keeping your personal goal this week?

My goal was to record all the food I ate and I did!!  I even recorded my beer on Friday night and glasses of wine on Saturday night.  I was within my calorie range most days (a little low one day and a little high another... but within 50 each way). 

Brittany- how did the working out go this week?  What did you do to get more exercise?
Holly- did you eat any dairy or fried foods to help prepare your tummy for your trip?
Sara- How many steps have you been walking?  Did you get up to 2000 more than your average?
Erin- have you been taking your vitamins?  And how's C25K going?
Jessie- vitamins?  flossing?!  ;)

Anyone else have goals they were working on this week that they want to share?
My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Week 7 Check-In!

• In Response to Week 7 Check-In!:
    Holly- did you eat any dairy or fried foods to help prepare your tummy for your trip?
    Posted by Leah&JP
    I guess I give myself an F, but I'm also carrying it over to this week.  My stomach has been pretty messed up on its own thanks to AF arriving 5 days late and giving me PMS symptoms for almost a week, so I don't think I would have noticed if anything bothered me or not.

I have had half of a "chocolate bar" every night as a nice treat, but the ingredients totally fit within my diet guidelines. 

I'm going to a baseball game tomorrow night, and plan to have some fries with DH.  I'm more worried about how my system will react to fried food than dairy.

In exercise land, I finished Week 5 of C25K today.  After my 20 minute run was done, I walked for a few minutes, and then started running again.  I was at 2.5 miles so I decided just to run/walk more to finish off a full 5K.  I'm going to try to do this from now on and really try to improve my time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I forgot to write my goal down here, but I did write it down at my desk at work. My goal wasn't really related to diet or exercise, but it was to stay positive as much as possible. I give myself a C. It went both ways - a few days I did really well and a few days I really didn't do well. I need to make a point to keep it up this week. Today was challenging, but I am trying.
  • Holly- That's awesome that you were able to complete the full 5K!  Congrats!!  And fries sound perfect!!

Lacey- that is a great goal!!  I know it's so hard some days but if you keep yourself accountable you will do better and better!! 
  • Erm....

*kicks dust*

Um.  We need to sell our house.  Because we've been showing it every night and always cleaning and busy with people.  Then we get done and we just want to sit down, lol.

It's supposed to rain again all week, grr.  I'll start doing more in-house exersizes.  I promise that to myself :-)
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Although one recent thing I did was jog in the spot while waiting for Aaron to finish his chapter.  He's a slow reader so it's actually a decent little jog haha.
  • Uh... I didnt' write down or even come up with a goal, but I did pretty well. I excercised on Monday but it was so intense that I wansn't able to do anything for the rest of the week. I stuck to my points, for the most part, and I think I may have lost some weight. We'll see soon.
  • In Response to Re: Week 7 Check-In!:
    Uh... I didnt' write down or even come up with a goal, but I did pretty well. I excercised on Monday but it was so intense that I wansn't able to do anything for the rest of the week. I stuck to my points, for the most part, and I think I may have lost some weight. We'll see soon.
    Posted by July2011nottie
    I think I may have lost weight this week too, I can't wait til tomorrow morning to see!!
    Sara- How many steps have you been walking?  Did you get up to 2000 more than your average? Posted by Leah&JP
    actually i got close and a few days i got over. not bad. today, not so much. but period/cramps are not motivation to walk

but i'm about to eat a super healthy yummy dinner. salmon, sweet potato, hummus! yum!!!!
  • Yay!!  Great job everyone!! (except Britt... go run lazy!! J/K you know I love you!!)
  • lol!  We just went for a long walk!!
  • Well, I don't think I wrote this down here, or actually anywhere but I think from sort of later last week, my goal was to be and feel productive. I give myself an A. I wouldn't really give myself that grade on most of these challenges, but I really wanted to feel productive last week and finish at least one project, and I basically finished two! I focused more on home improvement because we had an unexpectedly free weekend and also some unexpected travel coming up in the near future for H. We went to a resale shop on Thursday when they had extended hours for an event, which normally we probably would've been lazy and passed on. We ended up finding something to solve our mail sorting needs after years of searching off and on! And I ended up winning a door prize. Sweet! Then we actually completed a room painting project that had also been years in the making and we just hadn't come to an agreement on or pulled the trigger. I would say I did pretty well motivating us to be productive! And I tried to eat relatively moderately still, though I was over more than usual over the week. But I also burned a bunch of calories in the process too! Let's hope it evens out. I'd give myself a C minus for eating. And a D minus for water. I got pretty dehydrated over the weekend. We'll see how it all shakes out in a few hours!

Anniversary
    Erin- have you been taking your vitamins?  And how's C25K going? 
    Posted by Leah&JP
    For vitamins, I give myself an F. I completely forgot about it and never took them. I will do better this week though!

As for C25K, I have done the first run. I was going to do the second run on Saturday, but we had to run a mile for my class testing, and my legs were sore, so I am planning to do it tonight after work. Or I might just use tonight at the first day and try to keep it consistent. Who knows.
    However, I did feel better during the running portions than I ever have when trying it in the past.

I made it to my class everyday last week. That's five solid weeks of working out 6 days a week for 45 minutes each day. I'm pretty proud of myself. And although I didn't change through the scale or really through measurements, I dropped down 1.3% body fat and I was able to do 20 more pushups and 6 more situps than when I started. Also, my mile time increase by more than a minute. I was happy with my results so far.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards