Honeymoon Discussions
Options

New Zealand or S. America?

FI and I were planning on Peru (Machu Picchu) & some other spot where we can use FI's parent's time share (yay free week in a resort). We're not finding a lot of timeshare options in S. America for the time window we want so we're toying with redirecting to New Zealand. Neither of us has been to either (and we'll certainly do Machu Picchu later if not now). Pros? Cons? Opinions from experience with either/both? We're going in May or June for 2-3 weeks. From Seattle the flights are comparable.

Re: New Zealand or S. America?

• Options
    June is winter in New Zealand, so be prepared for chilly weather (well, chilly to me!) with it rarely getting above 60 degrees. It's also their rainy season there. So, not sure what your intentions are in regards to activities. It's gorgeous there, so if you don't mind the weather, it's definitely a place to consider.

• Options
    I've never been to S. America, but I have travelled all over New Zealand during February, March, and April. I LOVE it there. It is very easy to travel around and absolutely beautiful!!! It has everything from rainforests to glaciers to beaches; something for everyone.
  • Options
    It is much farther south than I'd realized. This search started in Peru then migrated south to Argentina, then we considered New Zealand. Peru is really warm in May. Argentina isn't. 

It's moot. We just booked a week in a resort in Colombia where we can scuba dive, then travel around in Venezuela & Colombia for another couple weeks. SO EXCITED.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards