July 2012 Weddings

Bachelorette party/ bridal shower drama

My sister finally told me the date for my BP. Unfortunatly it's the same day as my "surprise" bridal shower. My BM is upset because she told my sister the date. We can't have both events on the same day because the BP is an entire weekend in Atlantic city (3-4 hrs away) I asked my BM if she could bump the date up but based on the venue policy she can't. I'm not sure how to resolve this issue. ETA: I can't push the BP back because fi and I are planning a birthday party for two of our children on July 14. July 21st is nixed because my sister is a BM for a different wedding in Texas. I'm don't want to seem ungrateful but I told my BM from day 1 NO bridal shower. Now I have to deal with this crap. Blah!

Re: Bachelorette party/ bridal shower drama

• I'd keep the shower where it's at because it was planned first. And, if invites have already been sent, then that will be a mess. I'd move the date of the bachelorette party. Hopefully that won't be a big deal- otherwise can you just do something local on the night of the shower?

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Why not plan in june? July would seem too chaotic for any events before a wedding. 
    pregnancy calendar
  • Since moving the BP doesn't seem to be an option, I'd just do the b-party the same night as the shower. Just do something local rather than a destination BP. It doesn't sound like it will work out. You can still plan a girls trip to Atlantic City for another time. And, be happy for the shower, some brides get upset because no one has offered them one. (Just trying to put that into perspective.)

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• edited April 2012
    Invites haven't went out. I haven't even given my BM a guest list. I agree july is chaotic Even without the bridal shower&BP drama. I have two children with b-days in july( july 4th & 14) I was forced to take july 28 when i changed my original wedding date from may 5th. I wish someone could move one of these events. My sister isn't a fan of my BM. I think she completely ignored BM and the bridal shower she was planning. ETA: I was looking forward to my BP. I would hate to cancel it or do something local. I never wanted a bridal shower.
  • I would just do something local the night of the bridal shower.  It's hard to get it all planned in such a small window of time.  Or if you want to go away for the bachelorette party, do it in June.

Anniversary
  • edited April 2012
    I'm going to see if we can bump the Bachelorette party up to sometime in june. If not, I think we can bump my girls birthday party to Friday july 13 and go on my girls weekend on July 14&15 I'm going to try to talk to my sister tomorrow. My sister can be a "sisterzilla" so I'm praying it goes well.
  • Just put the ppl organizing each event in contact with one another for them to work it out. You really shouldn't have to worry about the planning or logistics of either event! GL!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It really shouldn't be up to you.  Have the two of them talk and figure it out.  That's why they are supposed to be "in charge" of these things...so it's less stress for you.  Don't get yourself so involved.  They will have to figure it out.  I'm sure one of them can ultimately move the date.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards