Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Greece or Turkey?

Hello,I am starting to plan our honeymoon to Greece, Turkey, or both for mid-September.Does anyone have any ideas of itineraries, etc?

Re: Greece or Turkey?

• Options
    thanks!  this is very helpful.
  • Options
    I have never been to Greece but I have been to Turkey more than once because my brother-in-law is Turkish and my sister lived in Istanbul for many years. Turkey is wonderful, and I am guessing, probably a different experience from Greece especially if you experience the country and don't just go off on a shore excursion to Ephesus.Don't get me wrong, Ephesus is amazing. And, the ruins are the best Greek ruins in the world. Every one knows that Turkey has better ruins than Greece. But, if you go to Ephesus, spend time in the city, Kusadasi, eat the food and meet the people. The food is wonderful, the people are amazing and they like Americans.Istanbul is a beautiful city. The architecure and sights are amazing. Again, awesome food and hospitable people. The weather in the summer is amazing. Much more exotic than the Greece I suspect.Personally, I would try to do them both if I were you! I have been dying to go to Greece and it is next on my list, but I wanted to give a plug for Turkey!
  • Options
    One more thing, let me know if you want a list of sights to visit in Istanbul. Also, don't assume people will speak English there because not a lot of people do, but to me that was part of the fun (and no I don't speak Turkish). Also, keep in mind that travel between Turkey and Greece can be difficult if you aren't flying or aren't on a cruise because of tense relations between the two countries.Have fun! I am jealous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards