July 2011 Weddings

*Edie*

What kind of car are you planning to buy this week?

It's nice to know somebody else is doing the buying a car thing this week. We may pull the trigger and do it tonight.....and I'm terrified. Neither of us has ever bought a car before, nor have either of us ever had a car payment (which is why we both kind of drive clunkers). Scary!!!

Re: *Edie*

• Good luck to you two ladies! Buying a car is scary... and having a car payment sucks! H and I bought our first used car together in September... the process was so scary! I've never bought anything that scary! I am ashamed to admit I was even in tears at the dealership when I had to sign the papers... I think the dealer felt bad for me lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • That would be nice to have the car where your H works. We are both so out of our league in this process, and it is agonizing. We are so afraid the car salesman will be able to tell how new we are at this and will try to take us for a ride. I know that is totally unfair and stereotypical, and I really hope it doesn't happen, but I also know it would be pretty easy to do to us. So we are super defensive and doing waaaay more research than we probably need to to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. All I've dreamt about for the past two weeks is buying a car - and they usually end up nightmares. So I will be glad to have the whole thing done.

How are you feeling? Hopefully not sore anymore.

• My dad lives a ways away, so he can't really come with us, but I have been sending him links online to check out, and he's kind of giving advice that way. I think our parents are really pushing us to do this on our own together, because that's the best way for us to learn :) I think we've found the one we want, so we are test driving it tonight, and I am hoping and praying that it is in good shape so that we don't have to start the process over again. Molly is so right - it is SO stressful. We bought a house about this time last year and I didn't think it was nearly this stressful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards