Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Kauai: Where did you stay?

We want to stay in Kauai, but when doing our research, we have been overwhelmed by the number of places to stay.  So, where did you stay for your HM in Kauai??

Re: Kauai: Where did you stay?

• Options
    We stayed at the Aston Kauai Beach at Makaiwa, very nice place. It's in Kapaa, not far from the airport, and it's easy to get to both the south and north shores. It's near a number of shopping areas and good restaurants, like Kintaro, Pacific Cafe and Country Kitchen. It's in the middle of a changeover now, so some services and restaurants aren't open or hard to get in touch with. Makes the $12/day fee a bit expensive for so little services it covers, but you have to pay it anyway. The Pua Day Spa there is open, but it took several tries for us to call them and schedule a massage, which was worth it. Some tips: There is no road sign easily visible for the hotel. So we missed it the first time, driving past. Tell them when you check in that it's your honeymoon and they will send up free champagne (true for all Aston hotels in HI). Telling them beforehand doesn't necessarily get you this perk. Ask for a 4th floor room. The hotel is only 4 floor, the top floor has cathedral ceilings, making the room feel bigger.The lanais are very small, as is the pool and jacuzzi. The beach isn't swimmable because of strong currents, but Lydgate Park isn't far and that is a nice beach to go to instead. They offer a hospitality room so you can freshen up before your flight out if your flight is later in the day. The room is for a half hour, and free, even after you've checked out. Did you get the Kauai Revealed book by Wizard Publishing? I highly recommend it. They don't rate this hotel as exceptional in anyway, but we liked it.
  • Options
    For our HM, we stayed at the Princeville Hotel on the North Shore which will re-open as a St. Regis in October. We just got back from a trip to Kauai last week.  We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu this time.  I was very impressed (even more so from the times I have stayed there in the past).  I would definitely look into this property for a HM- it is on the expensive side, but they have some good promotions going on now.
    DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts (4AB & 3BB); 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Keeping fingers crossed
    Everyone is welcome!
  • Options
    Not for my honeymoon, but we stayed in Nihi Kai condos (#802, but it was a 2 room condo) in Poipu. It was awesome, the grounds are like a botanical garden, the condos are within walking distance of the beach, but it's a little off the beaten path from the main beach, so it's not overrun with people.
  • Options
    we will be staying at the Hyatt.  I have heard nothing but amazing reviews of that hotel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Grand Hyatt Kauai. Beautiful grounds and nice free breakfast. If I had to do it all again, I would probably rent a condo and save money to do a helicopter tour and other stuff. The rooms are nice and spacious, but nothing spectacular. Furnishings are a little outdated. I might have a different opinion if we could have afforded a beachfront suite. HTH : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We also stayed at the Grand Hyatt and loved it! It was expensive with a daily resort fee, but we were treated so well from all staff and were glad to splurge on this. The pools are amazing and we enjoyed many days not even leaving our resort! When we did leave, we drove up the waimea canyon and did a cruise of the Napali coast. Both of those trips were great with amazing sights. We loved Kauai!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards