Honeymoon Discussions

if you could pick brazil or argentina?

we are thinking of either rio de janiero, brazil or buenos aires, argentina.both are in our price range and would work out great.both have what i requested in a honeymoon, a cool city, a beach and some culture and less than a 18 hour flight. has anyone been to either of these areas? i am pretty well traveled but have not been to Brazil or Argentina. i really like both so it is hard to decide. any advice would be great.and if you are booking a honeymoon and have no idea where to go, i suggest Bali, Indonesia.we went this summer and it was better than i had imagined. lots of fun, inexpensive (relatively) and gorgeous.i have lots of advice if anyone is considering staying there, feel free to ask. we went for 2 weeks in June, 09.

Re: if you could pick brazil or argentina?

• Haven't been to Rio de Janiero - but I have been to Buenos Aires and I highly recommend it!  Also recommend taking a weekend trip to Mar del Plata and also a ferry over to Montevideo, Uruguay.  Beautiful city!  When we went the exchange rate was amazing but that was quite some time ago - but I'm sure it's still pretty good
  • I've never been to either, but several highschool friends of mine did academic semesters and years in Argentina and had a fabulous time.
  • I would choose Argentina because of the beautiful scenery, and Buenos Aires sounds fabulous.  It's been described as the Paris of South America.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you for the validation-  I was kinda leaning toward Argentina. It sounds fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards