Honeymoon Discussions

Hawaii-Oahu & Kuaui

Going on my honeymoon for 2 weeks.  I have the Revealed books and have been looking thru them but wanted to know if there are any other "must do's" and "must eat" places.  We're hoping to try to keep the meal budget low, but are willing to do a few nice dinners.We're also going to the Big Island.  Any suggestions on whether to do a helicopter tour/ride in Kuaui or the Big Island?

Re: Hawaii-Oahu & Kuaui

• Oahu: restaurants Alan Wong, Sam Choy's, Indigo, 3660 on the Rise (or it's more casual, cheaper cousin Kakaako Kitchen), Beijing Imperial Seafood Restaurant, Chibo, Keo's Thai Cuisine or Chai's Island Bistro, Yoshitsune, Zippy's, Leonard's Bakery, even the food court at Ala Moana Center... There's literally tons of great restaurants on Oahu. Definitely see Sea Life Park, Iolani Palace, and the Polynesian Cultural Center. For more Hawaiian History you can see Bishop Museum.Kauai: Tidepools restaurant and Kintaro Japanese restaurant, Pacific Island Bistro and Village Snack and Bakery. Definitely see Waimea Canyon, Opaekaa Falls, Wailua Falls, Spouting Horn, and Queen's Bath. Wear your sneakers to Queen's Bath and be ready for a hike. The Revealed books don't say how steep and muddy the trail down can be. Kauai has a wonderful copter rides, but there's more to see on the Big Island from the air, it would depend on your choice of tours, I think.
  • I'd recommend seeing the Na Pali Coast while on Kauai.  You can do this by helicopter, boat or hiking.  It is amazing. For restaurants, in Poipu, we liked Tidepools (in the Hyatt), the Beach House, and Keoki's Paradise.  In Hanalei, Postcards and the Hanalei Dolphin were good. We also had alot of fun with the zipline at Princeville Ranch.
    DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts (4AB & 3BB); 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Keeping fingers crossed
    Everyone is welcome!
  • I've been to all three islands. I'd do the helicopter tour on the big island. The lava flow from the air is awesome, and the island is, well, big, and it's a great way to see more of it in a short time. We did both sides, the long tour, and definitely worth the money. We did a biplane tour in Kaui. Very cool. You get to cuddle in the front seat of the plane. I second the Na Pali coast. AMAZING. If you like hiking the entire thing is incredible (2 days), but a day trip is good too. The kayak to the waterfall tour was very, very fun as well. Oahu is just fun to drive around and explore. There's a lot to do. My only "must eat" is shave ice and all of the islands. Roy's is awesome too. =-)
  • Kauai- Depending on your fitness levels, I definitely suggest the Nualolo/Awaawapuhi trails. VERY long hike, and pretty difficult, but the view from the vista is AMAZING. I was actually happy with any of the hiking trails through Waimea canyon. Following a hike in the canyon, stop at Barefoot Burgers for the BEST burgers/sandwiches (better than Bubba's- and cheaper, from what I understand). Make sure you visit both North and South shores.I've heard the copter tours on Kauai aren't always all that safe...if you go, make sure you find a reputable place. For a bit of a splurge, I enjoyed the Smith Family Luau. Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards