• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

anyone here?

chat? I'm bored...nothing good on tv and no one is here!

Re: anyone here?

• DH and I just got back from shopping.  My cousin bought me a book I've already read for my birthday so I went to Barnes and Noble to see if they'd take it back and give me a store credit.  It was one of my kid's parents at the register so she said no problem.  I got $8.  Then we went to Crate and Barrel as we had a gift card and bought some drink tool that dh wanted and a long handle dish scrubber.  Then we went to REI and I got insoles for my shoes with a credit that dh had.  But, I still had to pay $16.  Not bad since they're $40.  All in all it was a good trip except I have to return the stupid scrubber thing as it won't fit in the thing we want to clean.  
  • Hi! We just finished painting our basement family room... the first coat. Ugh, I SO don't want to do this again tomorrow!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary
  • Hi Katie!  What color did you guys paint?
  • It's grey... I'll try to post pics later or tomorrow. We have a 2/3 finished basement, but it's sort of just one giant room, for our house anyway. And it was all white so looked a bit uninteresting. We've been wanting to do stuff with it for a long time and we're just not real good at committing to "big" stuff like that. So, anyway... we did the big long wall on one whole side of the room and also the wall on the far end with the fireplace in the middle. We'll see how it turns out!

Anniversary
  • that's really cool that you have an almost finished basement.  Do you guys hang out down there?  Do you have furniture and stuff?  I wish we had one.  Our basement is gross.  Half of it is dirt floor.  We have a big wish list for the next house and that would be on there.
  • Hi ladies. I went out and got dinner (chinese takeout) and came back. H wont' be home for a few more hours so I may turn on some Gilmore Girls and have a nice date with my couch!
  • Im at a quinceanera that is so trrribly gaudy. Im glad I came bc it is super entrrtaining. Im going to hell...
  • In Response to Re:anyone here?:
    Im at a quinceanera that is so trrribly gaudy. Im glad I came bc it is super entrrtaining. Im going to hell...
    Posted by anali12
    You and I will be there together then! Cuz i totally do the same thing at events
  • lol Anali.  You are awesome.  :)  And I will also see you in hell.  We can hang out.  
  • In Response to Re: anyone here?:
    lol Anali.  You are awesome.  :)  And I will also see you in hell.  We can hang out.  
    Posted by MrsGandthebeag
    Get the wine flowing! We're gonna make it a party
  • Bianca, yeah after we'd lived here about a year, we bought all new couches for the living room and family room because we had all hand me down stuff that didn't fill the space and we got a good deal on stuff we liked at Rooms Today, which is now American Signature Furniture. Not sure if they're in many places... We do hang out down there, though not as much as we used to. I think getting the dog and being strict about where she went at first helped with that. And also we're just lazy sometimes... it's all the way down there and no bathroom, kitchen, haha! But I love the couch down there. Luckily it's going to be in great shape whenever we move! It's a great space for big gatherings, in the winter cause of the fireplace and we have room for a giant, hand me down, tv down there.

Anniversary
    Hi ladies. I went out and got dinner chinese takeout and came back. H wont' be home for a few more hours so I may turn on some Gilmore Girls and have a nice date with my couch! Posted by Epolos89
    Elyse, I totally wanted Chinese, GAH!! But I was too lazy to go get it and it seemed too late to order when we finished painting. It's decided, though... I'm getting it tomorrow ... smiley face. Haha

Anniversary
  • And it keeps getting worse bahahaha. I swear In trying to give them a chance but this is like somethig ive never seen. Im kind of bummed H isnt here though bc it would be agreat opportunity to dance
  • what are they doing thats so funny anali? ugly decor? ugly dresses?
  • No joke this chick just came out in the yellow dress from beauty and the best with a guy dressed as a beast and theyre dancing the theme song from the movie. WTF?!?!?!?!? Idk how im not spitting my drink out right now
  • Katie, that sounds so cool.  We hardly ever have people over b/c the house is so small.  I'd love to have a bigger space to party.  We do have a nice yard though so we can have bbq's during the summer and have everyone hang outside.  

Elyse, I have wine in hand.  Bring it on...
  • Rat it was all the speeches and "rites" like giving her a pair of heels and her "last ddoll" and shiiit, but this jut hit rock bottom. It just cant get any lower than dancing with a guy dressed up as a dismey character
  • Anali, is it like My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?? Did anyone see that they're doing that show now with "American gypsies"?? They just kind of seem like trash to me... but I guess I'll just party with all you ladies in hell for being judgy.

Anniversary
    Rat it was all the speeches and "rites" like giving her a pair of heels and her "last ddoll" and shiiit, but this jut hit rock bottom. It just cant get any lower than dancing with a guy dressed up as a dismey character
    Posted by anali12

Wow, I have no words...

No joke this chick just came out in the yellow dress from beauty and the best with a guy dressed as a beast and theyre dancing the theme song from the movie. WTF?!?!?!?!? Idk how im not spitting my drink out right now Posted by anali12
    Oh, wow... yeah that is way worse than I thought!

Anniversary
    Rat it was all the speeches and "rites" like giving her a pair of heels and her "last ddoll" and shiiit, but this jut hit rock bottom. It just cant get any lower than dancing with a guy dressed up as a dismey character
    Posted by anali12
    that's awesome!
    Anali, is it like My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?? Did anyone see that they're doing that show now with "American gypsies"?? They just kind of seem like trash to me... but I guess I'll just party with all you ladies in hell for being judgy.
    Posted by greenkitty23
    I try to watch that and always fall asleep.  I can't believe how tacky some people are.
  • okay I need a cute dessert idea of our cinco de mayo get together. thoughts?
  • In Response to Re: anyone here?:
    okay I need a cute dessert idea of our cinco de mayo get together. thoughts?
    Posted by Epolos89
    Hmmm, I got nothing.  Too much wine.  Leah always seems to have good dessert ideas I think. 
  • That sounds awesome Katie!

We were just in the city and had supper with a couple friends then I did my big grocery shopping for the kick ass surprise pre-baby shower/fun/gala we are hosting at our house next weekend for our friends.  I bought mini ritz, mini oreos, mini chocolate bars, mini bags of chips, mini hotdogs, mini chocolate chip cookies, popcorn chicken, mini pop cans, ummmmm pretty much whatever you can buy mini sized I bought.  All afternoon I worked on a playlist with songs that have "baby" in the title.  Between me and my brother we got 31 decent songs so I think that'll be fine! We can switch it up to regular music after anyway.  It should be a swell time.  I am pumped.
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That's a cute idea Britt!!!
    Katie, that sounds so cool. nbsp;We hardly ever have people over b/c the house is so small. nbsp;I'd love to have a bigger space to party. nbsp;We do have a nice yard though so we can have bbq's during the summer and have everyone hang outside. nbsp;Elyse, I have wine in hand. nbsp;Bring it on... Posted by MrsGandthebeag
    Well, our common rooms are fairly small for gatherings, because it's a townhouse and there isn't a whole lot of wall area for seating. But, the giant room downstairs is a good solution. You've got one on us with the back yard though... we back up to the back of other townhouses, and while we're on the corner so there is a good amount of space, it's not at all private, so we almost never hang out there. Boo! And our deck is very small. Next house I want no back yard neighbors!!

Anniversary
  • Lol Anali, you are funny
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • we have that problem too katie. tons of internal space, no external space really. A small little patio but it's only really enough for a bbq and a table and chairs for maybe 4 people...if even that.
  • Yeah, I love having a fenced in back yard.  DH built it himself, so while it's a little half a$$ed, it serves its purpose.  It's great for the dog too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards