Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Sandals Antigua...booked!!!!!

My fiance and I have booked our honeymoon with Jennifer with VIP Vacations in Antigua, the Sandals resort!! I can't wait!!! Has anyone been??? Room suggestions??? Is a butler worth the money??? We currently have the Montecarlo room in the Med Village. Has anyone stayed in this room?? Also, what excursions/activites do you recommend???Any feedbackis greatly appreciated!!Thanks!

Re: Sandals Antigua...booked!!!!!

• Options
    We havent gone yet so I can't say anything about the rooms, but we do have 2 excursions booked - the extreme circumnav tour through adventure antigua (if you book directly through them you save 20% and they pick you up right at Sandals), and the ziplining tour through antiguarainforest.com
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Awesome! I'm going to look into it! Thanks :)Let me know how it goes!!
  • Options
    How exciting! We originally wanted to go there, but decided St. Lucia instead.
  • Options
    We are definitely thinking of going to Antigua but not staying at Sandals. Rather there is a hotel called Sugar Ridge i think that opens up next month, so i will go to tripadvisor.com and see what the people have to say. The reason i really want to stay there is because they have a plunge pool on every private balcony! LOL. anyway, a really good excursion that i heard about was the creole cruise. everyone has given it great reviews and a lot of people said that it was one of the best excursions that they went on. I have been looking at this website that is awesome, that can really help you out. I think another good one is the eco-tours or something like that. We are absolutely excited! Here is teh website... hope it helps!http://www.antigua-barbuda.org/Agact01.htm  
  • Options
    Hi we are going to sandals antigua too!  We are staying in the venetian suite...I am excited...I don't know any more than you though...so if anyone has feedback pass it on@!
  • Options
    Yes the butler is 100 percent worth it.  As long as you buy a concierage room, when you get there ask to be upgraded to a butler suite.  You get a better deal there, dont pay for it in advance.  My brother paid $200 for the upgrade to a butler suite in Negril Sandals.
  • Options
    I've been on tripadvisor.com for about 3 hours tonight!!! They have thousands of posts/reviews on there about Sandals Antigua and their experinces, what to do/not to do. Where to eat/not to eat, etc.  Definitely check it out if you are planning a trip to Sandals Antigua!! It was SO HELPFUL!!!Just search "Sandals Antigua". Hope that helps!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    My husband and I just went to Sandals Antigua last month. I was AMAZING!! Watch out for the negative reviews on TripAdvisor. There was NOTHING negative about our trip!! We actually stayed in the cheapest room, the honeymoon deluxe garden suite. It was great, very clean!! It was completely newly renovated. It was on the Caribbean side. There were other couples that had  more expensive rooms then us, and we not as happy with their rooms. We were rarely in our room anyway, so it wouldn't have really mattered. It was PERFECT!! Some couples we talked to that stayed on the Med. side said they liked it, but it just felt like a hotel. Our room was surrounded by the amazing gardens of flowers and secluded, although only about 100 yards from the beach. I couldn't have dreamed a better honeymoon!! You guys will have a GREAT time!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we are considering this resort, but I am worried because I am an Oct. bride.  I have heard a lot about VIP so I will contact them too!
  • Options
    We also booked with Jennifer at VIP. How awesome is she!?!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards