Honeymoon Discussions

Sandals Emerald Bay Review

Hi all,

we recently got back from our HM at Emerald Bay in Great Exuma!
We had a wonderful experience and received wonderful service!! The resort is simply beautiful and the beach is unforgettably gorgeous... long and wide enough to feel somewhat private with clear turquoise water!! Just beautiful! Sandals gives you all the equipment/gear to enjoy the bay. We snorkelled all along the far left part of the bay -  right where the golf course is, we borrowed kayaks and other kinds of equipment and went out to discover the wondeful waters out there.
It was our first time at a Sandals and my first visit ever to the tropics so I don't have much to compare it to but I can honestly say that Emerald Bay exceeded our expectations!

The resort has a main pool, which looks just like the picture on the website, a quite pool - right where our room was, and other smaller pools at the spa. I don't know how many jacuzzi tubs its got but I've seen at least four. There is a main buffet style restaurant (Bahama Bay) where they "rotate" the menu to give the guests some food variety. I have been slightly disappointed by the lack of choices for guests with food allergies/intollerances. I usually eat gluten free and would prefer to have non-dairy options available. Although, there was alot to chose from so in no way did this make my dining experience any less satisfactory.

The next nice restaurant is Barefoot by the Beach, which is right outdoors on the sand and serves mainly fish. The menu pretty much stays the same so we tried practically every item on it and found them all to be delicious! Hubby especially liked the Coconut Rum cake so even when we didn't go in for dinner we would grab one cake on the go and eat it by the beautifully lit pool.

Then there is the upscale restaurant Il Cielo, which seems so be the most popular among the guests and for which one has to place a reservation. Our butlers made a reservation for us one night so we went in and generally enjoyed the ambiance and food but the portions were too small for us plus they don't give you much of a choice. In fact, that evening we hopped over at Bahama Bay and finished our dinner there. We didn't bother dining there again but regularly went in for a wonderful breakfast!

There's also a Pub called Drunken Duck that serves the best shrimps ever :)

Our butlers were wonderful and did all sorts of nice things for us. We were really pampared!

One day we took the free tour of the golf course... and loved it!! I highly recommend this. We had fun driving the golf carts and discovered the beautiful secluded beach, the views, the reef, the million dollar villas up there... we saw beautiful birds and picked cotton and local fruit that was growing along the pathways... just lovely!

We took other tours around the island but not with Sandals (their prices are completely ridiculous!). I had done my research on Tripadvisor and contacted Lyndsay and Neville from Starfish Exuma Adventure Center prior to our departure to reserve a few excursions with them. We had the BEST time!! We snorklled, ate at a local "hip" place right on a beach pretty far from Sandals called Chat 'n Chill. The fish and pork were delicious! We also kayaked with them and went out to Little Exuma where the National Park is and saw the most beautiful, heavenly, unforgettable white beach ever!! I didn't have my camera on the kayak with me unfortunaltely but believe me, the awesome water was so clear it looked as if it wasn't even there! A real Paradise, well worth the trip!

Well, I hope this helps someone... please feel free to PM me with any questions you might have!!

xoxo

PS - I put the first few pictures in my bio, if anyone wants to check them out...

edited for awful spelling
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards