Honeymoon Discussions

San Francisco Honeymoon

My fiance and I were discussing possible honeymoon destinations and we both think San Francisco would be really fun.  Has anyone chose San Fran as well?  Any suggestions for hotels or "have to do while you are there" ideas?  Thanks so much!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: San Francisco Honeymoon

• hiiii !!  i live in SF...so naturally, i think this is a great idea!  what time of year will it be?  i can help w/ hotels if you tell me your budget.
    also...the farmers market at the Ferry Building is a MUST SEE...esp if you guys are into food at all. 
    i have a BILLION restaurant recs....let me know if you need/want more specific info!
  • San Francisco is amazing! My favorite city.
    The Hotel Abri is a sweet little boutique hotel and their restaurant is amazing. Hotel Metropolis was pretty nice too. I'd like to stay at Hotel Frank next time, it looks very cute.

Little chihuahuas in Haight is to die for and you must go. I constantly crave their plantain burrito. Like Reese said theres soo many great restaurant. I don't think its even possible to eat at them all.

Theres so much fun stuff to do there and such a variety of things, its an amazing city.
    Do it!
  • FI is from SF so we frequent there every few months. It is definitely one of my favorite cities...so much in fact that we might move there in a year :-)

For hotels - Are you looking for something boutique style or do you want to be in the middle of all the action? There are several great places to choose from and getting around is pretty easy in my opinion.

Things to do - Depending on how active you want to be, I really liked renting bikes and riding across the Golden Gate Bridge and seeing Sausalito (you can take a ferry back). I second the Farmer's Market at the Ferry building! Depending on when you go, there will most likely be a free concert in the park or a street festival of some sort. SF always has something fun going on.

Restaurants - TOO MANY TO NAME! Let us know what you like to give specific recommendations.

GL with the planning :-)
  • Thank you ladies so much!  It's nice to have a place to start!  We are getting married 4/30/11 so will be honeymooning the first week of May.  I am adding the farmers market to the list of things to do, will definitely check that out!  As for hotels, I would be more inclined to pick more the boutique style hotel but am open to anything. Trying to stay on a budget so wouldn't really want to pay much more than $150/night.  It's great to hear there are tons of fantastic restaurants.  Especially since vacations usually seem to center around meals. lol.  My FI and I are open to pretty much all types of food, Im just not a big fan of seafood or sushi.  Thank you so much for all the input!  It's fun to plan something that is just for us after buying so much stuff in bulk lately for the wedding!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The 3 hotels I mentioned (Abri, Metropolis and Frank) are all boutique hotels (my favorite) and under $150 (most of the time). SF has tons of great boutique hotels so it shoudl be fairly easy. :)
  • the Clift Hotel is also REALLY nice.  i think a standard room is like $200/night.  you can probably get some better deals if you stay at a Hyatt or Mariott.  i stayed at the Hyatt in Chinatown...its on the newer side...very nice & clean.  luckily...you wont need a car for the entire trip so that will save you some $$, but if you can...i'd def recommend going up to Napa and/or Sonoma for a day or 2. 

my absolute favorite restaurant in the city is NOPA. its amazing!!! you need to go!
    other great ones: 
    Dinner: Spork, Beretta, Flour + Water, The Front Porch
    Brunch: The Pork Store Cafe, Little Skillet, Tartine
    Lunch: every place in the ferry building!

seriously...as it gets closer...i can give you more.  i dont want to bombard you yet...its still early.  =)
    good luck w/ the planning...feel free to PM me.  i love talking SF!
  • For other SF boutique hotels, I love the Kimpton brand.  The Hotel Monaco in Union Square is a particular favorite.

Have brunch or cocktails at the Top of the Mark.  It's overpriced but the view is gorgeous and it's pretty romantic.

The tour of Alcatraz Island is the best audio tour I have ever done.  It is awesome, and if you go around sunset the boat ride over and back is lovely with the skyline view!

Do you guys like cocktails?  If so, make reservations well ahead of time and go to Bourbon and Branch for amazing ones.  It's speakeasy-style, you have to know a password to get in, fun times :)

If you've never been to an In n Out Burger, you must go and have some animal style fries while you're there!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • CKen11CKen11 member
    First Comment
    We took a trip there a couple of years ago and I definitely recommend a trip to Alcatraz - it was so scary. Also go to Coitt Tower for great views of the city and make time for shopping. You're gonna want to take a look around those stores...!
  • oh!  i forgot about Foreign Cinema!  you can go there for bruch or dinner.  very romantic and yummy!
  • We will be going to SF, Napa, and Monterey.

I heard Muir Woods is a must see?
  • Going to San Fran for a couple of days this month for HM -wrote down all your suggestions.  Very excited. A plaintain burrito-yum!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • San Fran is my fave city ever! You will have a blast. DEF go to Alcatraz. It's creepy but beautiful.
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Reese,

I am interested in your hotel suggestions for San Fran too. But my budget is less expensive then most. Are there any places to stay that are nice for between $100-200 a night?

Thanks in advance!! Paula
  • Hi Reese,

I am interested in your hotel suggestions for San Fran too. But my budget is less expensive then most. Are there any places to stay that are nice for between $100-200 a night?

Thanks in advance!! Paula
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards