Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Mexican Honeymoon-- several questions

Hi everyone.  I am planning the honeymoon for my fiance and I.  She loves the beach and to swim, I'm more of a "hike up some things" kind of guy, but I think that can be fulfilled by things like whale watching and snorkeling for the honeymoon.

Anyhow.  We are getting married October 22nd in Houston, and would like to go somewhere close because we only have two weeks and don't want to spend all of it traveling, so we plan on going to Mexico.  Two questions.

1) The current plan is to go to Baja California and fly into Cabo, spend two nights there and then drive to Loreto.  We have found a nice place in Loreto that I think we will book for ~10 days, but I can't find a place I like in Cabo.  So my first question is, does anyone have any recommendations for nice places in Cabo?  We are looking to spend about $250 a night (substantially more than we are spending in Loreto).
- The place has to have a nice view
- It need not be all inclusive, but we would want decent and inexpensive places to eat nearby if it wasn't.
- We want some sort of beach access.  The beach doesn't need to be extremely swimable.
- We want nice rooms and (ideally) a jacuzzi.
- We don't really drink much, so the availability and quality of booze is probably not important

Does anyone have suggestions of where we should stay in Cabo?

2) In all, it looks like we are going to be dropping almost $5,000 on this trip (including some dinners out, snorkeling excursions, etc).  For that budget, is there a different location we should be entertaining in Mexico?

Thanks so much in advace!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards