Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Mini-moon in Vegas! But I still need advice...

With our limited budget, my fiance and I are taking a "mini-moon" for a few days after our wedding in April, then we'll plan a big honeymoon later.  We've been to Las Vegas many times in the past and we love it, so this will be a blast!  But as this will be our first honeymoon, I need some suggestions of where to stay!  We both love the Vegas scene, and love to gamble.  We defnitely want this to be romantic trip, so no family-friendly hotels please.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Mini-moon in Vegas! But I still need advice...

• Options
    You should post this question on the Local Las Vegas board all the girls are extremely helpful and welcoming there.  If you don't mind me asking what is your budget and how long were you planning on staying?  FI and I are getting married at Mandalay Bay in Sept. and we have rented the Vista Suite for three nights on the south end of the strip.  Did you know where you prefer to stay on the strip, or if you wanted to be off the strip?    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you can afford it, I would recommend the Wynn or Encore!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My dh and I went to Mandalay Bay and thought it was great.  I'd stay there.
  • Options
    I love the golden nugget on Fremont street. It's a nice get away and the Fremont experience is always fun
  • Options
    We stayed at the Mirage a few years ago for my 30th birthday weekend.  We received a complimentary upgrade since H mentioned it was my birthday.  The room was perfect, we were in a great location on the strip, and we were very happy with the hotel in general.  
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I stayed at the Flamingo last summer. It was a lot of fun - not the fanciest hotel on the strip, but very, very nice all the same. The biggest perk is location - it's dead center on the strip, directly across from Caesar's. We had a strip view room on the 23rd floor, so the view ruled.

And the whole place smells like coconuts, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_mini-moon-in-vegas-but-i-still-need-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:2002929e-8df2-4358-bd5b-bcfb39c35f6cPost:4ff2b5e6-a55f-4527-b8db-e47817b8fc31">Re: Mini-moon in Vegas! But I still need advice...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the golden nugget on Fremont street. It's a nice get away and the Fremont experience is always fun
    Posted by JillianNJohn[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't consider the Golden Nugget to be a honeymoon spot - it generally has an older crowd, and a very 70s feel, especially being on Fremont Street.  But to each her own.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Great, thanks!  We wanted to spend less than $1,000 and stay at least 3 nights.  We did a little researching and found a good deal at the new Aria hotel, but we were considering Mandalay too!  Have fun in Sept!!!  In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_mini-moon-in-vegas-but-i-still-need-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:2002929e-8df2-4358-bd5b-bcfb39c35f6cPost:6e1c0d5b-d6b2-4e75-9422-b6124dbb7890">Re: Mini-moon in Vegas! But I still need advice...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should post this question on the Local Las Vegas board all the girls are extremely helpful and welcoming there.  If you don't mind me asking what is your budget and how long were you planning on staying?  FI and I are getting married at Mandalay Bay in Sept. and we have rented the Vista Suite for three nights on the south end of the strip.  Did you know where you prefer to stay on the strip, or if you wanted to be off the strip?    
    Posted by akr1287[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I've stayed at Rumor (off strip, near the Hard Rock), Luxor, Stratosphere, Paris Las Vegas, some crappy downtown hotels, and the Cosmopolitan. Without a doubt, the Cosmopolitan is the swankiest and most romantic. Pricey, though. I was able to use airline miles to get a 1 "bedroom" room for 2 nights, with a balcony with a great view of the Bellagio fountains. I also really love Paris. It's pretty and romantic, with a great location, although it's not super new anymore. Cosmopolitan has good restaurants, although the gambling floor is pricey.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Ceasar's is nice and it's in the middle of the strip so close to everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards