Honeymoon Discussions

Ladies i need ur opinion.....

My dear hubby to be and myself have decided that we are going to Las vegas for our honeymoon..... im just wondering if its alright to be upset because hes inviting his friends to join us on our honeymoon.... i mean we aren't paying for them to go but just for them to go with us to join in our vacation because he thinks it will be more fun... am i just being selfish because i just want it to be me and my husband or should i be more open minded by the idea??????????? i've never really heard of friends going with you on the honeymoon i mean thats why they plan the bachlor parties and stuff and then after everything is said and done its to get away from the people you see all the time and everything else in your life....Undecided

Re: Ladies i need ur opinion.....

• i would be annoyed.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • While I admit that Vegas is super-fun with a group of people, honeymoons are NOT super-fun with a group of people.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I would NOT be happy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_ladies-need-ur-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:214998aa-6dd7-4546-bb9e-456c9f661dfbPost:5b8bc88f-ca18-4525-912c-19d142a23a44">Re: Ladies i need ur opinion.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would NOT be happy.
    Posted by dschuck23[/QUOTE]

This.  Can you talk to him about this?  If he's dead set on having friends tag along, could you at least compromise and have them meet up with you after you & your new DH have a few days to relax together ALONE?  I definitely don't like the idea of friends accompanying me on my HM and I wouldn't be ok with it happening at all, but I prefer to travel with just FI.
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • If you're not happy with this you need to talk to him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Um yeah no I would not be happy about this. Have you tried to explain that you are really not loving this idea?
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • I definitely would not be ok with that.  Now that you know you'e feelings are justified, it's time to have a chat with your FI. Good luck.
  • He's looking for a bachelor party, not a honeymoon.
  • I'd tell him have fun on your hm with your friends i'll see ya when you get back. That should be a big enough hint that his hm idea is not going to fly with you.  Sorry, I'm a bitch like that.  Any man that doesn't have enough common sense to know that it is toataly inappropriat to invite ones friends on his hm probably should not be planning a hm.
  • If you don't like it, say something. I was cool with hanging out with people other than my husband on our honeymoon - but they had flown in to Hawai'i to see us, so it was a different story.
  • I would be LIVID. He needs to know how you (and every other person on earth) would feel about it.

You can always have a fun-filled vacation with friends another time. The HM is supposed to be about you and your H.
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I would be upset too...while I think it would be fun to have your friends with your for a couple days, I wouldn't want them around the whole time. Why not suggest Vegas for a few days with your friends after the wedding and then the two of you head to California or somewhere for some romantic alone time.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • if it's normal or not doesn't matter in the slightest.

if you're not ok with it matters.

tell him so-if he refuses to compromise then you have issues and need to address them. i dont like the way you wrote 'he invited them to come along'. wtf. did he not even ask you before he did this?

• Playing devils advocate...just for a minute: Maybe if the location was a more "traditional" location like an island, etc. then he wouldnt see the point of inviting his friends. But since you picked a fun and exciting place, maybe that's a place where him and his buddies always wanted to go. 

Doesnt mean they have to go though! This is a honeymoon after all.  If he wants his buddies to attend then they can plan their own trip - like next year!  

Good luck w/ this one - perhaps a compromise like another bride suggested. Have your honeymoon first, then allow the friends to show the last 2 days? 

Best wishes.... 

• well see the honeymoon was planned for thier because ive never been thier and hes been there at least twice in the last three years (and absolutly loves it there) but hes not the type of guy that likes to relax and take a break and to sit in the sun and enoy things and he seems to think without people going with us, it will be boring and less fun.. seee originally ive always wanted to go to like a sandals resort or hawaii but he just doesnt find it appealing to sit around and do nothing in the sun.. so i dont know hes promising me that we will have romantic moments without his friends while we are there but its like ok define moments... you know what i mean??
  • but i do appreciate everyones opinions and at least now i know that im not just getting angry for the wrong reason. because honestly i am a lil P.O. soooo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards