Honeymoon Discussions
Options

2 part honeymoon

Has anyone ever done or thought about doing a 2 part honeymoon where you go to an island for half and then head to Disney World on your way back? We want to go to an island and relax but are also obsessed with Disney and would love to tie the 2 trips together. Anybody have any ideas or know of any islands we can go to that would work well for this plan?

Thanks!!

Re: 2 part honeymoon

• Options
    If you're going to do that, I'd recommend going to Disney first so that you can relax at the island afterwards.
  • Options
    Our wedding day was in the middle of our "honeymoon". We spent a total of 2 weeks in Ireland. Half on the west coast, then the wedding at Ashford Castle, then we went to dublin and wicklow for the rest of the time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing this but at 2 separate times.  We went on a cruise in April and are going to Disneyland in 2 weeks. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My H and I spent 6 days in Key West and then drove up to Miami beach and spent 3 days there.

I do agree with PP that I would do Disney first and then the relaxing island second.

• Options
    Yeah that is a good idea to do the disney part first. then i guess it doesn't matter where we go afterward because we don't have to worry about it being "on the way home" to New Jersey.
  • Options
    Anywhere in the Caribbean would be a pretty short flight from FL if you do Disney first--Jamica, The Bahamas, St. Lucia--just to name a few.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    That sounds like a lot of fun! Over here on the west coast, a lot of my friends did a short cruise along the coast to mexico, then returned to the OC for some Disneyland and California Adventures fun!
  • Options
    Depending on how long you have to spend, it may be more relaxing to go to Disney then head to an island/ beach on the coast of FL. Or, it may be fun to go to Disney then leave on a cruise from either coast of FL, depending on where you want to go. I think Disney even has some combo trips that include a stay at Disney, then one of their cruises that leaves out of Port Canaveral. 
  • Options

you can do a cruise around the bahamas then do disneyworld or vice versa. my honeymoon is a cruise down to LA then on to Disneyland. I have done it the other way around as well and found that after being so busy at Disneyland, getting onto the ship and not having the go go go of the parks was strange. I am looking forward to relaxing first, as it takes me a few days to unwind, then going to Disneyland and showing my husband to be, how much fun it is. It is a different type of relaxing, I would look at when cruise go in and out of Florida and decide based on that and maybe you can find a deal for Orlando. I know Groupon had a deal for a hotel or condo stay that was close to the park. Have fun :)

• Options
    I definitely agree with everyone else that you should do Disney first then the island!
  • Options
    am2326am2326 member
    First Comment
    We were thinkingmof doing Bahamas/disneyworld for our honeymoon as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had a 2 part HM as well. We flew out to Vegas the day after the wedding, spent a few days there and then rented a car and drove to LA, stopping at the Hoover Dam on the way. From LA, we flew to Fiji for another week. It was the perfect combination for us, we were able to celebrate in Vegas, then relax in Fiji.

I say go for it, but ditto the pp who mentioned going to Disney first, so you can relax on an island after which will definitely be needed after the excitement of your wedding and your time in Disney which are all very tiring and busy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards