Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Making a camera waterproof???

I found something to make my camera waterproof. Has anyone used this???

http://www.semsons.com/wacaforcodic.html

Re: Making a camera waterproof???

• Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I haven't used the one you mentioned but we just came back from our HM and we shot a lot of underwater photo and video using this one (and it's a bit cheaper):

http://tinyurl.com/7zjywuv
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Looks like it would be annoying to use.  You can buy good waterproof cameras for $100-$300.  We got a Nikon waterproof ($299),  as a backup to our Nikon SLR, but there are like 8-10 to chose from.  Thats the route Id take.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thats what i want to do but I just dont have the extra money to buy a whole new camera. Thanks though!
  • Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    We used it snorkelling and diving and it was easy enough to use.
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I tried a Fujifilm FinePix XP10 waterproof camera a couple years ago, but it was a piece of junk.  I payed $150.00 for it.  Never tried it out in the water because I never had chance to.  The photo quality was AWFUL.  I returned it after a week.

bezlu - this case looks pretty good.  How far underwater can you go with it?  Do photos come out clearly when using it?
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    edited March 2012
    lls31, it's rated for 50ft.  It wasn't great when I used the flash but the camera was tiny (Canon 300 HS), and I think it made the flash end up in an awkward part of the housing.  I'm going to test it with my SD990 IS next time, which is a bit thicker and bigger.

With good sunlight and no flash, it was excellent.  See the video below:
    http://youtu.be/up_Jh8bhGlM
  • Options

i bought an underwater case made specifically for my olympus and it's excellent.

• Options
    I've used the DicaPac case, it works pretty well, but the camera can move around a bit in the bag and sometimes you get the black lens extension in your shot if it's not lined up properly.  For the price though and being able to use your existing camera, it's worth it.  However, it's only rated to about 15', so you can use it snorkeling or in the pool, but not diving.

H and I registered for an actual underwater housing for my point & shoot, which his grandma bought for us and it's been awesome.  Of course, the housing cost more than the camera itself, but it's rated to 150', so it'll be nice to have while we're diving (although a p&s won't get good pics that deep without a major flash, but still).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    bezlu - Thanks!  My point and shoot is a Canon SX210.  It's a little bigger than point and shoots I've had in the past.  Hopefully it will fit!

I also looked into cases specifically for my camera.  I can't justify spending that much money on one though, considering I'll probably only use it once a year, if that.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards