Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon Rant- grumble grumble

So we're 4 months out...the fiance was lecturing me about getting my passport . Understandable.

But...when I talked to him about booking our honeymoon sometime in the next month or so, money got involved. as in his reply of, "With what money?"

I know I need to get my passport, but geez.....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon Rant- grumble grumble

• That sucks, Heather, I'm sorry to hear that your FI is being difficult! My FI is being difficult with our honeymoon as well, so I can relate. It's supposed to be a special time to plan together!
  • Well, if you don't have the money to book, why are you pushing for it? Would be a better idea to wait until you can afford it, donät you think?
  • Mmmm...my fiance is like this, too.  Sorry about that!  Maybe you could ask him why he's lecturing you about getting your passport and then being hesitant about spending the money to book a honeymoon...?  It's one thing if you all really don't have the money to do it right now, in that case you can always wait and do an "official" honeymoon later. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So...do you really not have the money to afford it, or is he just being cheap? Because there's a big difference. If you don't have the money, you shouldn't be going on a honeymoon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • If you don't have the money for a HM then why is he pushing you to get your passport?  If you don't have the money right now, then I agree with PP, then don't have a HM right away...a lot of people wait to go on their HM for a few months or even a year after their wedding.  Or you can do what my H and I did...we changed our location from 14 days in Maui to only 7 days in Key West...it was still a HM and since we had never been to Maui we didn't even know what we were missing.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-rant-grumble-grumble?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:26faf36c-3a8a-44ef-85dc-a3e0b7027ad5Post:51c058fa-8cab-44b2-9860-6a3c93f15a10">Re: Honeymoon Rant- grumble grumble</a>:
    [QUOTE]So...do you really not have the money to afford it, or is he just being cheap? Because there's a big difference. If you don't have the money, you shouldn't be going on a honeymoon. 
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]
    agree

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards