Honeymoon Discussions

Can't decide where to go....

Hi! My fianc and I are getting married in January, and we are having a hard time deciding where to go for our honeymoon. We would like to be on the beach, so we are thinking somewhere in the Caribbean might be nice. I would also like to be fairly close to some nice waterfalls and hiking opportunities. We have already been to cancun, so we would like to go somewhere else and prefrrably somewhere less touristy and more exotic. We are hoping to stay in an allinclusive and keep the whole trip under 3000. Does anyone have any good recommendations on where to go? Thanks!

Re: Can't decide where to go....

• The first place that comes to mind is Costa Rica, but I don't know much about what you'd be looking at price-wise. One of my friends HMed there, did everything you listed and absolutely loved it though, so I might look into it more.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • edited June 2012
    I went to Aruba a few years ago, stayed at the Marriott, and would go back in a heartbeat. The trip was approx 2k for a week (not AI, but they have the option). The hotel was the last one on the island and there was plenty of beach left to venture. There were lots of activities for any age group, though I never noticed many kids. Hotel and staff were immaculate! I could not say anything bad about this place. The only downfall at the time was the remodeling going on but you couldnt hear it unless you were walking right past it.  HTH!

Edit: I didn't see many waterfalls with the exception of the 2 natural bridges and beautiful natural pools if that counts :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We just booked our trip to Couples San Souci in Ocho Rios Jamaica. It's all inclusive and includes the Dunns River Falls tour which I have done while on a cruise before and it was the most amazing experience. You're basically climbing/hiking up this beautiful waterfall. There are tons of videos on youtube about it if you want to check it out. I have read so many amazing reviews about this resort and how romantic it is, we paid $4,000 for 8 nights including airfare and travel insurance. This is for a one bedroom penthouse suite which all have huge balconies and ocean views (I've looked at A LOT of pics).
    Another place we visited while on a cruise that would probably be a good fit for you would be St. Lucia. We did this hiking excursion where you hike up to the valcano where you basically rub this sulfur stuff on you and then you go to the natural hot springs to rinse off. Like my official terminology??St. Lucia is absolutely gorgeous but I want to wait to go back until we can go to a really nice resort. Sandals has 3 I think but with the airfare and room we wanted it went a little over our budget.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cant-decide-where-to-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:2d18674b-728d-4a73-b9d8-12d3dc983a94Post:0c226e7d-07cb-4927-8db1-e34cc3c9d5a0">Re: Can't decide where to go....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Although I think you could pull off your budget in Costa Rica, I would not recommend going to an AI there
    Posted by spikeinc[/QUOTE]

Any reason why? Just curious because Costa Rica is a place we'd like to go someday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards