Honeymoon Discussions

Fiji: Qamea vs. Namale resorts

FI and I are planning a Fijian honeymoon and have hit a wall with where to stay! We've narrowed it down to Qamea or Namale. We'd love some insight from anyone who's researched, stayed at, or plans to stay at the resorts... or Fiji in general.

We're going for secluded, small, quiet, and romantic but with a good amount of activities. All-inclusive (or as close to) is a plus, since we're foodies and enjoy a few glasses of wine with dinner. FI loves Namale, but I worry about the price tag. Thoughts!? Help!

Re: Fiji: Qamea vs. Namale resorts

• We were looking at Qamea resort as well and the only negative I really heard about it is that they get a lot of heavy rain due to their location. Namele looks amazing! Are you booking through costco? We did this but we are doing the castaway island/ lagoon combo basically beause we get a couple extra days for the same price. The only downfall is that it is a family style resort but we do not mind children. We are going to be leaving on September 25...so less than a month!
  • We honeymooned at Qamea! I have a bunch of pictures of the resort in my married bio under the Honeymoon tab.

It was so beautiful and romantic there, nothing like anywhere we've been in the Caribbean. The resort only accommodates up to 36 people at a time and all the staff know you by name. All of the bures face the water, we stayed in one of the Honeymoon Bures so we had a private courtyard with an outdoor jacuzzi and a day bed on the front deck and hammock. So relaxing and peaceful.. we snorkeled.. went to Honeymoon Beach.. kayaked.. beachcombed.. hiked to the waterfalls at Bouma National Park.. spent time at the rockform pool.. etc.. 

You'll take a big double decker plane to Nadi, Fiji from LA then take a very small plane to Taveuni Island. From there you'll take a boat over to Qamea. It's definitely worth all the different modes of travel. DH and I are from the east coast, so we flew out to the west coast and spent a few nights in Vegas first to break up the trip. Let me know if you have any other questions about Qamea. 
  • I forgot to add that Qamea along with the other resorts in Fiji aren't all-inclusive, they're mostly inclusive. Which means all gourmet meals and most activities are included, but alcohol and some activities are extra. It's like taking a cruise, your food and some activities are all set, but you'll get a bill at the end for alcoholic drinks and excursions. 
  • Hey, congrats!  H and I just got married in Fiji in July and we LOVED our time there.  A couple of things and I'm sure SummerKutie will weigh in here!  We looked into both Namale and Qamea as well and weighed them as options with a travel agent (not the one we booked with though.) 

From my understanding, Namale DOES include alcohol in their prices, Qamea does not.  Qamea is smaller and has a better, more swimmable beach than Namale.  The diving (or snorkeling) will be incredible at either resort.  Namale will also have a better spa. 

SummerKutie will definitely need to confirm this one, but we met a couple at the airport who stayed at Qamea and said dinnertime was sometimes just the slightest bit like summer camp because everyone ate at a communal table.  I know I've seen pictures from SK's page where she and her H are eating alone, but I would look into it before booking if you're not interested in doing that.

You mentioned that you and your FI are foodies - did you look into Likuliku?  The food there is seriously ridiculous in a good way; foodie heaven! 

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong.  Both places will be amazing!

Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Have you looked at Mantangi Private Island Resort and Spa??? It's owned by a family and it's all inclusive. My mom just went there on a trip and said she left her heart there.
    She went to Qamea as well.
     I would definitely check it out- http://www.matangiisland.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_fiji-qamea-vs-namale-resorts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:2e2e5e93-2b31-41fa-ae7a-5d96c5e4d5e2Post:d73f3e2c-4935-4615-9a8a-592b11e3e6ac">Re: Fiji: Qamea vs. Namale resorts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, congrats!  H and I just got married in Fiji in July and we LOVED our time there.  A couple of things and I'm sure SummerKutie will weigh in here!  We looked into both Namale and Qamea as well and weighed them as options with a travel agent (not the one we booked with though.)  From my understanding, Namale DOES include alcohol in their prices, Qamea does not.  Qamea is smaller and has a better, more swimmable beach than Namale.  The diving (or snorkeling) will be incredible at either resort.  Namale will also have a better spa.  S<strong>ummerKutie will definitely need to confirm this one, but we met a couple at the airport who stayed at Qamea and said dinnertime was sometimes just the slightest bit like summer camp because everyone ate at a communal table.  I know I've seen pictures from SK's page where she and her H are eating alone, but I would look into it before booking if you're not interested in doing that.</strong> You mentioned that you and your FI are foodies - did you look into Likuliku?  The food there is seriously ridiculous in a good way; foodie heaven!  Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong.  Both places will be amazing!
    Posted by girlinchicago[/QUOTE]

The dining area at Qamea is mostly 2 person tables. They do have some 4 and 6 person tables, but most of the time people chose the 2 person tables so they can be alone. We always sat at a 2 person table, we mingled a little at their cocktail hour before dinner where they serve hors d'oeuvres and have complimentary wine tastings, but we preferred to eat dinner alone since we were on our HM.
  • Also they offer dinner on the beach, which we did 2 nights. We sat on the beach one night and in their beach hut on a different night. You also always have the option of having any of your meals delivered as room service where you can eat in bed or out on your front porch overlooking the water.
  • Thanks girls! This was super helpful. Our travel agent is a miracle worked and was able to get Namale into our price range. We booked it!! FI got the resport he wanted and I got to stay within the set budget. Perfect for everyone!! I'll post my HM review once going in May :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards