September 2011 Weddings

September 10, 2011 Brides

Welcome!!Oka so there are a BIG group of us the picked 9-10-11 for the big day.  I thought it would be fun for all of us to meet, chat, and share ideas of our big day that we all happen to be sharing! :o)Enjoy!

Re: September 10, 2011 Brides

• Cicaida Congratulations!! I wasn't planning on booking my reception site until the end of the year, but FI and I decided to go look around.  When I found the one I wanted I asked about our date and they said 2 other weddings were booked for that date but at different times already.  So we decided to right away book the venue and make sure we got the date we wanted.  After speaking to the coordinator she told us it is going to be a very big date and to not wait to long to do the big stuff. I still have decided to wait until at least next summer to do the dj, photographer and all those other things.  But we are already in talks with our church about having the wedding that day and I also reserved a chapel as a back up.  My advice is if you have someplace in mind it's better to get it squared away sooner rather then later.
  • Hey Congrats and Welcome to the Board! I got engaged this past Christmas and by Jan 09, FI and I had viewed 10 reception site by the end of the month. We toured our now reception site twice, once with my mom and the second time with FI and there was no doubt this was the perfect place. We booked the ceremony site in April and booked venue in May. Part of the reason why we booked the venue now was cost, because you know how hotels or any place can raise their prices in the next year, so to lock in 09 rate we went ahead and booked now. We booked the evening slot, which is sometimes the most demanded slot. There is no way we will change our mind, the venue is in a central location, and it has everything I wanted in a venue. It is only a 10 min drive from ceremony site. Our ceremony site is a quite popular site, per brides on my local city board, so we locked that in too. If we decide to increase our guestlist then our ceremony site might have to change, but it will still be in the same area. Plus I feel it is easier to find a ceremony site than reception site if you need to change at the last minute.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Hello ladies! I am new to the message boards but wanted to post a quick reply. I am also a 9/10/11 bride. We wanted to allow ourselves time to save money for the wedding. We also just bought a house and are working on fixing it up, which takes money too! From the general response, I thought I was crazy for setting the date so far away. It's nice to know that there are others who have set this date as well.
  • So how much do you guys have to pay up front to book a place? I would want to book some places, but my fiance doesn't seem to be interested in the wedding planning part. I am very interested. I didn't realize how cool the date looks so I think that will be our date.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ashley-We booked ours at the beginning of July, we had to put down 2,500 which I think is pretty average around my area (NJ) I know some cost 5,000 and there was one we looked at that was only 1,000 but most places we saw were between 2,000 and 3,000.
  • so i have been engaged for a couple months and we just decided on 9-10-11 for our big day also!!! but i have some questions. can anyone out there help me??? got any good do it yourself ideas to help me save a little money and help us make it the wedding of our dreams. Congrats to everyone else and keep me posted. my name is melissa. thanks so much!!!
  • so i have been engaged for a couple months and we just decided on 9-10-11 for our big day also!!! but i have some questions. can anyone out there help me??? got any good do it yourself ideas to help me save a little money and help us make it the wedding of our dreams. Congrats to everyone else and keep me posted. my name is melissa. thanks so much!!! Hey Melissa-I tend to look on the Knot at  bios for inspiration/ideas. I would look into using VISTAPRINT for items like STD, or even invitations. Definetly sign up for their emails, and check with some of the other knotties on DIY for other ways to save money. Also TRASH-TO-TREASURE board you can find ladies selling discounted items. HTH

Baby Gender Predictor

• Congratulations to all the ladies! I just got engaged last week and am so excited for my long engagement and my 9/10/11 wedding!! I just have one question do you all think it's too early to book a venue?
  • I am so excited to see other brides who picked 9-10-11! My fiance and I picked it because it would give me the summer after graduating to finish planning. I look forward to getting to know you all.
  •  9-10-11! I am so excited! Everyone who I tell that this is my date thinks that its a really cool date! We booked the venue and it feels real now!
  • We just booked our venue and church too and it def feels real now! I love it! We picked the date without even realizing it was 9-10-11! Its def not to soon to book your venue, when we were out looking we were already told that many brides were in for september 2011! 
  • I agree with rosa about fi forgetting the date. Well honey, it will be 9yrs in 2011 for me. :-)

Baby Gender Predictor

• I love the 9/10/11 date but I hate the thought of flying to Tahiti for a honeymoon on 9/11...
  • Hey everyone!!!! yay for september 10, 2011.... i am super excited to have you all here for ideas and support. what has everyone planned so far?
  • fsimpson, maybe fly out that monday instead.

Baby Gender Predictor

• I've been engaged for a month now. Even before we got engaged I wanted 9/10/11. My fiance graduated college in May and wants to get his "real job" before we officially set the date. I'm hoping he gets his job within the next year, so we can get married on 9/10/11 @ 12 :)
  • Hi everyone! My FI and I are also 9-10-11 lolthe reason is because our anniversary is on 9-11 and we wanted to pick something close to that date! 9-10-11 just worked and really easy to remember lol
    ~Sammie~ Live. Laugh. Love
  • New 9/10/11 bride-to-be here! I've been engaged since September 6th of this year. Originally we were tentative for 9/6/13, then changed it to 9/3/12, and now we're thinking it'll definitely be 9/10/11!
    To be honest, I wish less people picked this awesome date ;) I want it to myself! Hehe.

I have strung my jewelry, put a down payment on my dress, and in July or August I'll start doing my save-the-dates. I've also been messing around with monograms.

You can get an idea in my very pathetic (but exciting to me) blog, link below.
  • Looks like we will be joining you too if our venue works out!
    Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
  • Congrats to all of you!! I'm SO glad there are others waiting until Sept 2011. Everytime someone asks if we set a date and I tell them, they give you that funny look and "Wow, thats long."  I feel like I have so much time to do stuff, but on the other hand feel like I should be doing so much more already!!
  • Burgey I know the feeling! Can't wait till 2010, so I can stop getting those ugly looks....lol

Baby Gender Predictor

• I like that 12:00 start time.
  • IDK if it was smart or dumb for me to pick this date.because as I am looking at this message board and realizing I was the only brilliant mastermind who came up with this date....I am so curious to see how it would play out..everyone I tell about 9/10/11..they think its so cute...

But time is running out and I don't have the manpower and cash to get the ball rolling before the date goes away w/ all the different venues..

How do I get my groom involved with the wedding, everytime I start to talk about it he doesn't even want to be bothered..WHAT DO I DO???
  • We just recently changed our date from October 2010 to  Sept 10, 2011! I am really excited about the amount of time we have to save up money for everything we want... yet... I feel like I should be doing much more now.  I am concentrating on making sure our venue is available for that date after we save at least half of the total cost of the wedding. I hope it's not too late :) Seems to be a popular date!
  • Hey! We are a 9/10/11 wedding too... Our anniversary is actually on September 10th so to make it a little easier on my fiance he asked if we could do it then... So I asked him if we could get married at 12:13? He said no, but we are still getting married all the same... Anywho... I was really excited to see all of you getting married on the same day! Congratulations! So how many of you are doing a fall themed wedding?
  • Hi everyone!  As you've guessed I'm also a 9/10/11 bride!  I got engaged to my boyfriend of almost 2 years over Christmas '09, will be graduating college in May '10, and turning 21 August '10....whew!  We picked this date and 2011 because I wanted to be old enough to drink at my wedding, it was fun, and we need time to save because we will be paying for the wedding ourselves.  We have our ceremony/reception site picked out at Deep Creek Range in Paradise Valley, Montana, absolutely gorgeous!  I'd love to hear any ideas, suggestions, advice on planning...We are also on a $10,000 budget.  Especially any montana brides out there with a 9/10/11 wedding as well!!!!
  • Congrats Emily!

I am not from Montana, but I've been once and its honestly one of my favorite vacation places! When I have a bad day, I always tell my FI "let's just pack our stuff and move to Montana!". 

My one piece of advice for planning is to write every little idea down. There's no way I will be able to remember the little details I like a year and a half from now. That's why bio are fun and useful!

Good luck!
  • Congrats to the 9/10/11 brides! My fiance and I really wanted this date, but just found out today the church we want to get married at is booked! So we will be picking a new date- I think early September is so great with beautiful weather and you can use summer or fall colors! Ours is an out of town wedding so my only worry was having it the weekend after Labor Day when many people will probably travel. 
  • As long as your venues work out for ceremony and reception, FI and I will be getting married on 9/10/11 at 12pm =]  I'm excited!

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2010

My name is Jess and I am also a 9/10/11 bride. My husband and I are actually already legally married. We had a ceremony at the JOTP but we are now financially ready to have a ceremony and reception. Congrats to everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards