Honeymoon Discussions

Cancun All Inclusive Resort Suggestions

Hi everyone!!!! I am getting married June 23, and we are going on our honeymoon immediately after the wedding. (Monday or Tuesday). 

We have narrowed it down to Cancun (But are not opposd to Cabo or Puerta Varallata).

We are looking for a great all inclusive resort in Cancun that meets the following criteria:

Good food options (of course we want to indulge, but we want healthy options available as well)
Alcohol (mainly beer, winte, and tequila of course =)
Pool (swim up bar, cabanas on the beach)
Fitness (exercise equipment & maybe exercise classes?)
Beach (beach in walking distance...preferable right in front of the resort that we can go in)
Activites (snorkeling, tequila tasting, salsa making, shows (preferably at the resort), hiking, etc...)

Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thank you!!!!!

Re: Cancun All Inclusive Resort Suggestions

• Whatis your budget and for how long are you looking to stay?

• We are wanting to spend less than 1300/person for the all inclusvie (we are planning on paying extra for activities like snorkeling).

We want to go for 6 nights...either leaving Monday June 24 or Tuesday June 25.

Thanks!!!! =)
  • edited November 2012

You'll get a bit more for your money if you stay on the West Coast, but it's quite a bit different than Cancun. Most beaches in Cabo do not allow swimming because of the currents and the water is not quite crystal blue. But, with $1300/person budget, which I'm assuming has to include airfare, any extra savings in airfare helps. I just helped my brother plan his HM for the same timeframe, so I am familiar with costs. A lot of the most recommended resorts on here will be above budget. But, check out Occidental Xcaret, Catalonia Royal Tulum, Aventura Spa Palace, and Now Sapphire. Those properties are in Cancun.

• edited November 2012
    The Royal Cancun is amazing! We went in March '10 and are headed back in April. I have a review and pics in the link above my siggy pic if you would like to check it out. Cost wise for round trip airfare,royal jr corner suite and excursions for our April trip is 6k. That's for 7 nights.
  • We loved the Valentin Imperial Maya! It's about 20 minutes south of the Cancun airport. We foudn the cheapest price on CheapCaribbean.com. They have a bunch of different restaurants, a beautiful beach, two swim up bars, and lots of activities every day. 
  • Thank you so much everyone! I will look up all of the suggestions! 

Right now we have been looking through expedia for the all inclusive resorts so our airfare and all inclusive resort are included in the price. 
  • We spent 3100 for 7 nights in Isla Mujeres, Mexico, and we were SO in love with it. It's a 20 minute ferry from Cancun on a small secluded island. 3100 includes our flights, resort, cabs, tips, and all excursions. We stayed at the Palace resort. If you want a fun Mexico resort that is also secluded (and has everything that you mentioned), this place is hard to beat.
  • So, does the $1300/person not take airfare into account? Or does it? If $1300/person is just for the hotel portion, and not air, then look into Secrets Maroma, Secrets Capri, El Dorado Royale, Excellence Resorts, and the resorts that the pps mentioned.

• The 1300 on expedia inclused airfare and the resort =)
  • Valentin Imperial Maya and the Excellence resorts are nice (I've been to both a few times and Excellence is nicer in my opinion).  I just booked our honeymoon to Le Blanc but it was $1,400 per person (not including flight...I had tons of miles) and for slightly less time.  That said, Le Blanc is hands-down the best all-inclusive I've ever been to in Mexico so I'd rather do a somewhat shorter trip at a great location.  

Have a great honeymoon and hope you find the resort that is right for you! 
  • Valentin Imperial Maya is where my husband and I did our 7 night HM in May last year. We really liked it. We flew from Portland Maine and for 7 nights with flights it was $2600. I used ebates to get $60ish dollars back, and I dound and online coupon code for $100 off at travelocity through retailmenot.com

I would shop the major travel sites, because though VIM was cheaper through travelocity, our second choice would have been cheaper through Expedia.

I checked with multiple travel agents and no one even came close. Look for coupon codes. A simple google search of "travelocity coupon" turned up the $100 off. And ebates.com is a legit site I use all the time that gives you money back for shopping through their site. I actually heard about it through the knot.
  • We also stayed at the Royal in Cancun which has what you are looking for. We loved it! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cancun-all-inclusive-resort-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:40c7bc07-c0ac-44d9-9fd8-a33db37650c9Post:412d8f5e-fd8c-4290-981b-58d37b41052a">Re: Cancun All Inclusive Resort Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]You'll get a bit more for your money if you stay on the West Coast, but it's quite a bit different than Cancun. Most beaches in Cabo do not allow swimming because of the currents and the water is not quite crystal blue. But, with $1300/person budget, which I'm assuming has to include airfare, any extra savings in airfare helps. I just helped my brother plan his HM for the same timeframe, so I am familiar with costs. A lot of the most recommended resorts on here will be above budget. <u>But, check out Occidental Xcaret, Catalonia Royal Tulum, Aventura Spa Palace, and Now Sapphire</u>.<u> Those properties are in Cancun.
    </u>Posted by Jells2dot0[/QUOTE]

they are not in cancun. they are along riviera maya. tulum is about 90 minutes south of cancun. xcaret is about 50 mis south, asp is about the same etc..

OP-the royal cancun and le blanc always get great reviews and they're IN cancun. have you priced out your options? allinclusiveoutlet.com is a great resource.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cancun-all-inclusive-resort-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:40c7bc07-c0ac-44d9-9fd8-a33db37650c9Post:9da6a3a9-41a0-464e-83ff-1b34ac1d10f2">Re: Cancun All Inclusive Resort Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cancun All Inclusive Resort Suggestions : they are not in cancun. they are along riviera maya. tulum is about 90 minutes south of cancun. xcaret is about 50 mis south, asp is about the same etc.. OP-the royal cancun and le blanc always get great reviews and they're IN cancun. have you priced out your options? allinclusiveoutlet.com is a great resource.
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]

Yes, I realize they are not in Cancun, as I have been to some of those places. I was just making it simplistic for the OP because she has not a clue as to where to start from, i'm not entirely sure she really means Cancun or "cancun area" and Cancun is the airport you would fly into. Based on her responses, it seems she doesn't travel as often as you or I do, so making it as straightforward as possible for her.

• Cancun has so many exicting & unique venues / restaurants.  To limit yourself to your resort only is a shame & waste.  You will not get the full experience.  AIs are great when there is nothing else going on at the location but by staying in one in Cancun you are missing out IMHO.
  • I'd recommend opening your search to Riviera Maya, which as pp's pointed out, is a short drive from Cancun airport (you can easily book a shuttle).

Secrets Maroma Beach, Secrets Capri, Excellence Playa Mujeres and Iberostand Grand Parasio would be my recommendations for an all-inclusive resort in Cancun-area
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cancun-all-inclusive-resort-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:40c7bc07-c0ac-44d9-9fd8-a33db37650c9Post:3f89894a-c481-4417-b135-3f22cf2caec1">Re: Cancun All Inclusive Resort Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cancun All Inclusive Resort Suggestions : Yes, I realize they are not in Cancun, as I have been to some of those places. I was just making it simplistic for the OP because she has not a clue as to where to start from, i'm not entirely sure she really means Cancun or "cancun area" and Cancun is the airport you would fly into.<u> Based on her responses, it seems she doesn't travel as often as you or I do, so making it as straightforward as possible for her.
    </u>Posted by Jells2dot0[/QUOTE]

i agree. which is why I pointed out that they're not in cancun :)

• Cwagonner7 who did you book your vacation to isla mujeras palace resort through?? It looks beautiful! But I'm not finding a package around 3100
  • We just got back from thr Excellence Playa Mujeres and LOVED it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards