Honeymoon Discussions

Aruba resorts - AI or no?

Any suggestions on where to stay? Is an All-Inclusive better? I have heard and read that Aruba has great restuarants outside of resorts but we are on a budget. Also, are the restaurants easy to get to and is it a safe place? TIA

Re: Aruba resorts - AI or no?

• Its a very safe and friendly place.  The restaurants are supposed to be wonderful, great food- but I have heard they are very expensive and the cab rides alone to the restaurant can be a fortune.  We booked The RIU Palace Aruba for that reason.  We dont want to be stressing about money/food all week, we want to raise our hand and get our drink/snack...  We plan on eating out one night at the "Flying Fish" - table in water and maybe Gauchos.. we will see.. good luck... heard its the "Happy Island" everyone is great....
  • PS- here is our hotel- it has great ratings and Im told you can see it from the plane flying in...  http://www.riu.com/en-us/Paises/aruba/palmbeach/hotel-riu-palace-aruba/index.jsp
  • I have been to Aruba 3 times and the taxi into town is like maybe 10 $ but you can get on the bus for like 2 or 3 $ they are safe but you just have to have the schedule ! If you are coming from the Airport then going to the hotel it was around 20 $ ! Hotels not sure about because I am staying at a timeshare. You can go to aruba and not do all inclusive and go to the food store and not eat out every night. We will be doing that and picking up some drinks to make before we go out. No matter what Aruba has to have everything imported onto the island so it is going to Cost you. If you like jewelry you can get some great prices on them ! I have bought 3 times and my mom ended up getting her wedding ring there brought it back home made sure everything was ok with it and it was perfect. Hope this helps it is a great place and the people are really nice !
  • I wouldn't do an all inclusive because there are too many good restaurants...
    Flying Fish Bone
    El Gaucho
    Madame Jeanette
    The Lighthouse

I felt very safe taking cab rides and the drivers were all nice and helpful
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Its a very safe and friendly place.i like
    brideswardrobe.com/7-wedding-dress
  • CKen11CKen11 member
    First Comment
    You can do AI and take a night off to try out a restaurant if you want. Personally I think it is so much easier to go AI - forget the worry of finding where to eat each night and how much it's gonna cost. I've stayed in a couple other Riu's and am thinking about the Palace Aruba cos I know the restaurants are hard to beat.
  • Thanks for all of your great suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards