Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Curacao

Has anyone every vacationed there?
We are thinking of going in September this year, as they are someone on the edge of the hurricane belt.
How are the beaches?  Costs?  Local people?  Food?
How would you compare it to other locations?
We are limited in our choices due to the time of our honeymoon.
My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Curacao

• Options
    i love curacao-it's my fave island. food is great, people are wonderful, beaches are easily reached, great for snorkeling and beautiful.
    what 'other locations' do you mean? that's pretty broad.....

• Options
    edited March 2012
    How would it compare to Aruba, Barbados, St. Thomas and Central or Western Mexico?  Those are the other areas south of us that seem "safer" during hurricane season.

Previously we were very interested in Viques, Puerto Rico, but hurricane season is at it's peak exactly when we would plan to travel there (mid-September).
  • Options
    I went there a few years back and liked it better then most of the other Caribbean island I've been too, so much so that that's where our honeymoon is going to be! We're staying at Breezes, one of the only all inclusive hotels on the island (plus a dive a day, yay!) Town is great, make sure your hotel is close to Willemstad.  People are very friend there and pretty much every speaks English.  Good night life in town if you want it. I definitely recommend it.  message me if you have more question on Curacao, or a good number of other Caribbean islands!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    This is very helpful.  Thank you ladies.  How are the beaches in Curacao?  Is there plenty to do for a 6 night honeymoon?
  • Options
    Beaches are great in Curacao, you can do some REALLY good snorkeling/scuba diving right off most of them.  Definitely enough to do for a 6 night honeymoon.  Ask the front desk for options, they will have a ton! If you remember tell us what you did when you get back, we'll be there is October and would love some new ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards