Connecticut

Music help!

So I'm walking down the aisle to an instrumental version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" but I don't know what to have played for the recessional. I'm breaking tradition with the processional but now I don't know what to play from there. Any ideas?

I'm also looking for music  ideas during our wedding party introductions. What are you having played for that?

I have def neglected the music selections and now they're due at the end of the week! Help please?!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Music help!

• edited December 2011
    Our recessional with the Peanuts theme song. H is a big Peanuts fan and everyone loved it :)  Our precessional was "All You Need Is Love" but the intstrumental versaion by The Vitamin String Quartet - if you look them up on iTunes you might get some good ideas :) GL
    Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    what's wierd is I think we've had our entrance songs for our bridal party since the day we got engaged - we're going to walk in to "lets get married" by jagged edge, one of my BM/GM to "lowrider" by war(?), and another to either john legend or darude - sandstorm. It's all  based on the personalities of our party. Do something fun!
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:03521920-a0cd-46ac-8009-3372c0e5dcf3Post:37e7e5a6-a085-402e-bdee-ce8a182d7ee9">Re: Music help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]what's wierd is I think we've had our entrance songs for our bridal party since the day we got engaged - we're going to walk in to "lets get married" by jagged edge, one of my BM/GM to "lowrider" by war(?), and another to either john legend or darude - sandstorm. It's all  based on the personalities of our party. Do something fun!
    Posted by daniellelmilczak[/QUOTE]

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!1DITTTOOO!!! MY FAVORITE EVER!!! Love it! I have had the Let's Get Married Remix picked out even before I got engaged!! My family used to sing it to my FI all the time...like hello let's go here!! FI played it right after we got engaged!! Awwww!!!

Totally agree it is all based on you & your BP personalities!!!

Check out my planning bio under music suggestions!! I have a ton in there!!!

On that note....(that got me SO excited!!!) 

<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37vdc_jagged-edge-feat-run-dmc-lets-get-m_music">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37vdc_jagged-edge-feat-run-dmc-lets-get-m_music</a>
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Mr&MrsRobbinsMr&MrsRobbins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been struggling with the same things!! I haven't even begun to think about it!! But Thank you Kim for your bio! You have a ton of info!!  Gina-good luck.. make sure you check out Kim's planning bio!! :-)  If you find any other good ones please share!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I love that song too!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    Great website for music suggestions:

http://www.thebestsongs.net/wedding_songs.html

Gives you suggestions for every step of the wedding (ceremony and reception)

Good luck! :)
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're creeps. We entering to "Goodbye Horses" (the song from Silence of the Lambs) because that's how FI and I started talking. He came out with a friend of mine and we were doing happy hour, and he says "Does anyone know the same of the song from Silence of the Lambs? I love that song, it gets stuck in my head" I was talking with someone else, overheard that and I had to turn and shouted "GOODBYE HORSES! Q. Lazarus! It's my favorite!" and then we started to do sing the song. All of our friends always joke that it should be the song we dance to.

If you guys have a goofy song, with a good story, you should use that! :)

Our MOH/BM are entering to Ryan Adam's cover of "To Be Young", those are the only WP peeps who have picked their songs, but other ideas being tossed around are "Pump It Up" Elvis Costello, "Somebody to Love" Queen, and "Jeepster" T. Rex
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:03521920-a0cd-46ac-8009-3372c0e5dcf3Post:21392dea-39e6-46c8-9ccd-e27601dddfa6">Re: Music help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been struggling with the same things!! I haven't even begun to think about it!! But Thank you Kim for your bio! You have a ton of info!!  Gina-good luck.. make sure you check out Kim's planning bio!! :-)  If you find any other good ones please share!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Mr&MrsRobbins[/QUOTE]

Np!! That is what it is there for! I am such a music fanatic so I hope it helps some others!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards