Connecticut
Options

Any ides on Caterer and rental costs?

Hi-

We just got engage this week and found a place that we LOVE. It is a farm so we would need everything. It is hard to understand the costs without knowing about the caterer or the rental costs (tent, plates, glasses, bathrooms, linens, etc). Any thoughts or sugeestions of good vendors would be great!! Thanks!

Re: Any ides on Caterer and rental costs?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_any-ides-on-caterer-and-rental-costs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:048b5f6b-9484-4026-b10b-621896c3bf27Post:abd6bb92-965e-4a28-9e77-a8572b917f6a">Any ides on Caterer and rental costs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi- We just got engage this week and found a place that we LOVE. It is a farm so we would need everything. It is hard to understand the costs without knowing about the caterer or the rental costs (tent, plates, glasses, bathrooms, linens, etc). Any thoughts or sugeestions of good vendors would be great!! Thanks!
    Posted by treeb1206[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm going through the same process right now.  We found a venue we like but need to bring everything including linens, glassware, other party supplies, bartender and a caterer (you might also need a tent).  Some catering companies will rent the party supplies from a third party and others have thier own, which is cheaper.  All the catering companies do things differently so the best way is to just call a bunch of reputable companies and get quotes. What part of Connecticut is the farm in?</div>
  • Options
     Yes, we do need a tent too. I have messages into a few caterers and a rental place. I am just anxious to find out the cost and am afraid we will lose the date we want...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_any-ides-on-caterer-and-rental-costs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:048b5f6b-9484-4026-b10b-621896c3bf27Post:d1e2049a-b32e-47a1-9ed0-54d79eba3266">Re: Any ides on Caterer and rental costs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Yes, we do need a tent too. I have messages into a few caterers and a rental place. I am just anxious to find out the cost and am afraid we will lose the date we want...
    Posted by treeb1206[/QUOTE]

<div>The tent alone could be anywhere from 5,000-15,000 and I think party supplies for 150 people could probably run 1,500-3,500.  I've found that it's really difficult to stay under budget with a tent.  Catering is all different depending on which part of the state you are in but like I said, your caterer might be able to get your costs down on the dishware/glassware/flatware rentals if they have their own.  I've also heard some people say it was cheaper for them to go to Costco and buy their own flatware.</div><div>
    </div><div>My fiance found this website that gives the avg. rental costs for anything wedding related.  I thought it was helpful, you can search for anything you want.  Here are estimates for flatware:</div><div><a href="http://weddings.costhelper.com/stemware-flatware-rentals.html" rel="nofollow">http://weddings.costhelper.com/stemware-flatware-rentals.html</a></div><div>
    </div><div>Hope that helps!</div><div>Christina</div>
  • Options
    I highly recommend Mitchco party rental in Stratford for tents, tables, chairs , etc. we've used them for a couple of events and they were great
  • Options
    willin1310willin1310 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I can't say enough good things about Emily's Catering.  They also provided linens, silverware, plates etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Two Pour Guys Bar tending Service .. Licensed and insured. Great prices!! Wonderful service !! Large variety !! Ask for Johnny 203 2156701 or Lesa 203 640 0854 They also do catering ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards