Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Trip Insurance (Cruise)

Hey all :)

I am going tonight with FI to finalize details with the travel agent in regards to our cruise to the Bahamas this September.  We are still unsure about the whole trip insurance thing.  It ends up being close to 100 bucks per person.  FI's friend said that they didn't get it but their cruise was just a few weeks ago.  My impression is that trip insurance is not only for health reasons, but for weather as well.  I guess my question is... is it worth it?  September is technically hurricane season so I think it's worth it if the whole weather related thing is included.  FI doesn't want it at all.  

Comments, suggestions, anything?

Re: Trip Insurance (Cruise)

• Options
    I would definitely get it, but shop around some for different quotes.  I think we paid $69/person for trip insurance on my cruise in 2009.
  • Options
    It's worth it.  What if there's bad weather on the day you're supposed to leave and you miss your flight, and then miss the cruise departure entirely?  Insurance isn't just in case of a hurricane, it also covers relatively mundane stuff (like a bad rainstorm or something) that could really screw up your travel plans.  Ours also covers problems that may arise on the trip, like lost luggage or something.  I'd think it would be especially important for a cruise since you have a set departure time, and if you miss it you lose your entire vacation.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Buy the insurance. It's better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. Wise words via my dad.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Get it.  

We used ours because our flight from WI to FL was cancelled so we ended up missing the cruise ship.  So we had to fly to the first stop and stay at a hotel there until the boat caught up.  Hotel and meal stipend were paid for by the insurance.  Flight was paid for by airline (because of mechanical failures, but would not have been if a weather delay).  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    if it's worth it or not depends on many factors-what's the cruiseline's policy re: hurricanes and cancellation or rerouting? airline rescheduling policy? what does the policy that you priced cover? exclude etc?

• Options
    It's worth it if you need it. 

I have traveled without it but you are gambling the complete costs of your trip. 

Do NOT buy from the TA.  Go to www.insuremytrip.com You will save a ton.
  • Options
    You should for sure get it. Someone on here posted a website that searches all the companies for prices. That is where we looked up and found our insurance for our honeymoon. I am hoping someone will post it again so you can see how easy it is!

• Options
    Thanks all!  We are definitely getting it.  We did some searching and found one that covers weather related things (which was my main concern...insurance through Carnival did not inlcude that).  It's going to be about 120 bucks for the both of us so I can't complain!  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_trip-insurance-cruise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:51c2761e-1c70-4e22-ac1b-769b9b667ce8Post:078e9d9e-af92-4666-9027-376978dc0d4b">Re: Trip Insurance (Cruise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks all!  We are definitely getting it.  We did some searching and found one that covers weather related things (which was my main concern...insurance through Carnival did not inlcude that).  It's going to be about 120 bucks for the both of us so I can't complain!  
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>Which company did you find that covers weather related things?  We're doing a cruise and plan on getting insurance as well - but we want to be sure it covers weather.</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We did not get the insurance. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards