Connecticut
Options

Help me decide where to register (clicky)

I don't know where to register, but I know I only want to do one store.  I did two for my baby shower and I didn't like it.  I want somewhere with a big selection of things, and that isn't too expensive at the same time.  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Help me decide where to register (clicky)

• Options
    We registered through Target and Amazon. We have already bought a house so don't need the traditional pans, plates, etc etc. Amazon definitely has the selection with competitive pricing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have heard target's registery can be very wonky. Honestly, depending on what you need/want, bed, bath, & beyond and macy's probably have most of it. Just decide which store has things that are your style or within your price point and you should be good to go
  • Options
    We registered at Macys- it was super easy and we were able to get most of our stuff on there... we went in and used the gun to start us off.  I update it frequently online as well... I reccomend Macys!
    I have heard that Bed Bath and Beyond is good as well.  Havent heard of an Amazon registry before, phoenix, what sort of items can you register for on there?
  • Options
    I like BB&B because of their selection.  But it depends on what kind of things you want to register for.  I think Macys is good if you def. want china or crystal on your registry.  As for everything else- I think BB&B has a better selection and wider range of things you might need for your house :)
  • Options
    Vintage you can register for anything! Anything you can search for/find on Amazon you can register for it which is good for us because they have things outside of the "homey" realm which helps us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I will register through Macy's
    abc
  • Options
    We already own a home too, but all of our pots and pans are from our apartment and are crap!  I need to register for bedding, pots, pans, dishes, cooking tools, etc etc...I'd also like to have some china for when we get a bigger house in a few years but right now have no where to put it.  I think I am going to take PP's advice and go into both stores and see what they have/what the prices are and decide then!  Thanks :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_decide-register-clicky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:08424348-6baf-4b9e-bc80-69fadc7960e8Post:0e8933c2-7b21-4bdd-ad83-ee77164c1ea0">Re: Help me decide where to register (clicky)</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We already own a home too, but all of our pots and pans are from our apartment and are crap!  I need to register for bedding, pots, pans, dishes, cooking tools, etc etc...I'd also like to have some china for when we get a bigger house in a few years</strong> Posted by Abeja1226[/QUOTE]

We are in the same boat. Personally, I think BBB has a lot of the same stuff (& more) as Macys at better prices. You just can't always see/buy all their fine china in the store- sometimes it can only be bought on line.

We were planning on doing BBB & Target, can I ask why you didn't like having 2 registries? 
  • Options
    Bed Bath and Beyond will also let your gift givers use tons of coupons so that will make for happy shoppers. I know sometimes I bump up to a more expensive gift because I have a coupon to bring my out of pocket cost down.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_decide-register-clicky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:08424348-6baf-4b9e-bc80-69fadc7960e8Post:8e2e2335-8334-40de-8a10-b7c59f04c211">Re: Help me decide where to register (clicky)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help me decide where to register (clicky) : We are in the same boat. Personally, I think BBB has a lot of the same stuff (& more) as Macys at better prices. You just can't always see/buy all their fine china in the store- sometimes it can only be bought on line. We were planning on doing BBB & Target, can I ask why you didn't like having 2 registries? 
    Posted by junebug19[/QUOTE]

I did that for my baby registry ( I did BRU and Target) and I only put a few things on the target website and I realized, well, if someone goes to Target and my whole registry is gone, they are just going to buy any old thing!  I just don't like the idea of splitting them after I did it before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards