July 2012 Weddings
Options

Weird question...

Is there such a thing as a lingerie registry? My Aunt is throwing me a bridal shower in a few weeks. She said to register at Macy's and VS for lingerie. I didn't think that was normal.
What are you guys doing? Have you seen anything like this?
PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Weird question...

• Options
    I think lingerie is cheesy. I registered with Target-mostly kitchen and home products and at Disney honeymoon registry-vacation!
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    Is the shower specifically for lingerie? I would not do this because if people go onto your Macy's registry to buy you a kitchen item, they might get thrown off by what you really want. Also, I have been to showers where sometimes, a woman brings her spouse because he had nothing to do that day and it could get weird. We are having a couples shower so I definitely would not do this
  • Options
    It must be a lingerie shower? My BM asked if I wanted one, but with a bunch of family/older women there, I said no lol

You can probably create a wishlist on some sites. I know yandy.com has a wishlist, but I haven't put anything on it to see how public it is. There's also Amazon...you can download (then delete) their toolbar thingy for your browser and it lets you add anything to your wishlist from any site...that way you could keep it separate from your "real" registry.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Yeah, it's just a women's shower. I was thinking it sounded weird. Just wasn't sure. I'm not going to make a registry. If people want to get something off our Target or BBB registry, they can. It's not strictly a lingerie shower anyway.
    Thanks girls!
  • Options
    If you have one of these showers make sure friends only are invited.  It would be very awkward opening a pair of crotchless panties in front of you mom, grandmother, and FMIL. 
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Lingerie showers dont have to be stuff like crotchless panties, etc.  I have been to 3 and all were very tasteful and all  items from the brides wish list at VS or registry from Dillards.  Dillards markets lingerie registries where I live.  I think I am being thrown a lingerie shower (I dont know for sure since I am not planning it).  Grandmas, etc can buy you things like pretty nightgowns or a nice robe, etc.  I guess it depends on your circle of friends/family.  Its pretty normal to have one here.  
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_weird-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c9a66a7a-c858-443b-ae1b-6416f3b11c4aPost:fc9f493f-07f1-43d1-ae6b-93837bb49091">Re: Weird question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lingerie showers dont have to be stuff like crotchless panties, etc.  I have been to 3 and all were very tasteful and all  items from the brides wish list at VS or registry from Dillards.  Dillards markets lingerie registries where I live.  I think I am being thrown a lingerie shower (I dont know for sure since I am not planning it).  Grandmas, etc can buy you things like pretty nightgowns or a nice robe, etc.  I guess it depends on your circle of friends/family.  Its pretty normal to have one here.  
    Posted by ajmom2two[/QUOTE]

That was the only thing I could think of at the time that I wouldn't want to open in front of people like that. 
    Maybe it is just me but I don't want to open things like that in front of my grandma, mother, or FMIL.  I would rather buy them on my own.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I went to one in Mexico (destination wedding) and it was a lot of fun. It was a very laidback party on a pirate ship. We had a privare room upstairs. Some of the gifts were very nice- like a robe, nice sleepwear, and of course sexy lingerine. I was drooling over the bras- a lot of them were so nice and cute!

For this one, I got an invitation with the bride's sizes (bra/underwear). She did not register for any- she just got what was given to her.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I doubt that anyone will get anything that extreme since we are inviting people that are older. I am not inviting grandmas, but our mothers are invited. I think they expect me to get lingerie...it's kinda normal around here to give it as a gift. I remember my sister in law getting some at her bridal shower.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_weird-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c9a66a7a-c858-443b-ae1b-6416f3b11c4aPost:82b7082f-0348-44b0-816c-cb94337b9982">Re: Weird question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to one in Mexico (destination wedding) and it was a lot of fun. It was a very laidback party on a pirate ship. We had a privare room upstairs. Some of the gifts were very nice- like a robe, nice sleepwear, and of course sexy lingerine. I was drooling over the bras- a lot of them were so nice and cute! For this one,<strong> I got an invitation with the bride's sizes (bra/underwear). She did not register for any- she just got what was given to her.</strong>
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

The ones that I've been to, they've done the same thing. They didn't register for anything; the bride just got whatever was given to her, in her size. Usually it wasn't anything weird but was instead just nice, pretty pajamas and pretty lingerie and robes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In my circle, you purchase a gift off of the registry for the bridal shower, and lingerie for the bride at her bachelorette party.  At bachelorette parties, invitations will include the brides sizes (34B, Medium in panties or whatever) so the guests know how to shop for the bride. I usually have a lot of fun shopping for my friends - I love pretty lingerie and shopping for it.  I wouldn't worry about registering for lingerie. If people want to get you any, they will know your styles/tastes pretty well and I am sure will get you some pretty gifts! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards