Connecticut

~KOTW: akulaji ~

Everyone else, feel free to ask her any other questions.  Also, if you're interested in being Knottie of the week, please post here!

1. You & your FI/DH’s first name?
2. Wedding date?
3. Venue?
4. How did you and FI/DH Meet?
5. When did you know he was THE ONE?
6.  What do you love most about your FI/DH?
7. How long have you been together?
8. Do you live together? Why or why not?
9. How did FI/DH propose?
10. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why?
11. Where do you see yourself as a couple in 5 years? 10 years?
12. How many BM/GM do/did you have?
13. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
14. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far?
15. What is/was the hardest part of wedding plans for you?
16. What is/was your biggest splurge or must have for the big day? Deal finder?17. What are you most looking forward to in regards to the wedding? Least?
18. Do you have any special day before the wedding traditions? Day of?
19. Where are you HMing?
20. What is the best thing you learned on TK?
21. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend? Why?
22. What is something you learned from TK that you never heard of prior?
23. What other boards do you visit on TK?
24. What do you do for a career? What does FI/DH do?
25. Do you want children?
26. Do you think you could be/will ever be a SAHM (stay at home Mom)?
27. Do you have any pets? Names?
28..Do you have any siblings?
29. What is your favorite food?
30. What is your favorite movie?
31. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol & Non-Alcohol)
32. What's one city you would love to live in for a year?
33. If you have/had an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on?
34. Describe yourself in 3 words.35. When is your birthday?
36. What else do you want to share??
~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: ~KOTW: akulaji ~

• edited December 2011
    Oh boy there are a lot of questions!!!  Here we go!

1. You & your FI/DH’s first name? Carrie & Jeremy
    2. Wedding date? May 9, 2010
    3. Venue?  The Lounsbury House in Ridgefield, CT
    4. How did you and FI/DH Meet? Long story... short story is we met in NYC at a bar. Strange thing is we were both the same year at UMASS, lived about 30 yards from each other and never met until 5 years after graduating.

5. When did you know he was THE ONE? I had my suspicions from the beginning
    6.  What do you love most about your FI/DH? His unconditional support with absolutely everything.
    7. How long have you been together? 3 1/2 years
    8. Do you live together? Why or why not? We do.  Have for several years now
    9. How did FI/DH propose?  Another long story! The actual proposal was when I was half asleep and he was saying goodbye to me one morning.  He thought it'd be the only way he could surprise me. :-)

10. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why? 14 months. FI wanted to get married this fall, but I thought I needed more time to plan, so we went with Spring instead.

11. Where do you see yourself as a couple in 5 years? 10 years? My guess is that we'll have kids and still be living in CT.
    12. How many BM/GM do/did you have? 3BM, 3GM
    13. Favorite wedding vendor so far? Ciao Catering. Tom has put me so at ease about handing our wedding over to him.  Plus his food is great!

14. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far? Through all the crazy planning remember that this time is special and supposed to be a celebration of your commitment and love.  Don't sweat the small stuff because it's really not worth getting upset over it.

15. What is/was the hardest part of wedding plans for you? Picking a DJ.  I worked in the music industry for 8 years, so I was scared to commit to someone I didn't know.  Luckily a friend that is an audio engineer and DJ offered to do the wedding for us.

16. What is/was your biggest splurge or must have for the big day? Deal finder? hmmm... probably doing a top notch videographer package splurge-wise.  Must have... there are so many things that I had to have! loL!

17. What are you most looking forward to in regards to the wedding? Least? FI and I are doing a private ceremony w/ 1 friend and the JP on our favorite hiking trail the morning of the wedding.   It's at a waterfall and we plan on doing a special ceremony there for just us.

18. Do you have any special day before the wedding traditions? Day of? Day of we'll be doing a traditional Chinese tea ceremony to honor my Dad's side of the family.  I'll be wearing the traditional red dress and everything.  Should be fun!

19. Where are you HMing? Bosque del Cabo, an eco lodge in Costa Rica.
    20. What is the best thing you learned on TK? Oh my gosh I can't boil that down to one thing!  I seriously wouldn't have been able to plan my wedding as well as I have without all your excellent advice!

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    21. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend? Why?  I have no idea… everyone’s seem so unique and special.  Probably all of them!
    22. What is something you learned from TK that you never heard of prior?  Hmmm… again, I don’t know that I can boil that down to one thing.  There are so many things.
    23. What other boards do you visit on TK?  DIY
    24. What do you do for a career? What does FI/DH do?  I now design jewelry (everyday wear and custom bridal) and also work as an IT consultant.
    25. Do you want children? Yes, someday.  We want to be married for a few years first.
    26. Do you think you could be/will ever be a SAHM (stay at home Mom)?  I can do the jewelry business and a lot of IT work from home, so we do plan on me being able to stay home and still do some work too.
    27. Do you have any pets? Names? No pets, but I REALLY want a cat.
    28..Do you have any siblings? One sister and one brother.  Both are older.
    29. What is your favorite food? mmm… dim sum
    30. What is your favorite movie?  I don’t know that I have a favorite right now.
    31. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol & Non-Alcohol)  I don’t know if you’d call this a ‘drink’ but I LOVE rootbeer floats and ice cream sodas.
    32. What's one city you would love to live in for a year? I’d love to live in Sydney, Australia for a year.  My grandfather was born there and my dad lived there for a while.
    33. If you have/had an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on? I’d probably put it toward a band rather than having a DJ.
    34. Describe yourself in 3 words.  Happy, learning, spiritual35. When is your birthday? December 31
    36. What else do you want to share??  I was born in CT, but grew up in NC.  After high school and college I traveled performing music professionally.  I’ve only been back in CT for about a year and a half.  I can’t wait to meet some of you ladies because you all seem so sweet!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay knottie of the week!!!!

Can't wait to meet you either!! The GTG is coming so quick. I wonder if we should make another post for anyone that missed the first one and wants to join us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm definitely going to send out another post.  I was going to do it tomorrow.  We'll be in December and everyone will be in the mode of planning for the holidays. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds good, I was thinking of it and seeing your name as KOTW reminded me! It's crazy that tomorrow is already December...what happened to this year?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carrie, that's so cool you're doing a traditional Chinese Tea ceremony, with Red Dress and all, I can't wait to see pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    yay kotw!  loved reading your responses!

but this just reminded me that I need to get moving and decide on cookies to bake!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    YAY Carrie! Great answers! I love that you guys are doing private litttle ceremony!! So nice...

YAY GTG cannot wait! Definitely throw a post out there tomorrow to remind everyone & just incase we missed anyone!

WOOOT KOTW!! Great job! Smile
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!  Yes, I can't wait for the GTG.  Cheryl is sooo wonderful for letting us have it at her place.  I'll definitely post tomorrow about it!
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you guys have sooo many cool things going on with your wedding!!  it is going to be AWESOME :)
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats girl!! (: Woot! Now I know that I'm not the only one doing a tea ceremony!!

Poo. I can't go to the GTG. Next time!!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • edited December 2011
    So excited for the GTG!! I love #17 with the private ceremony. So romantic!!
  • edited December 2011
    Loved reading through your answers!! My wedding was originally set for May 9 2010 too! I can't wait to see pictures, it all sounds like it will be so beautiful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards