Honeymoon Discussions

Somewhere Amazing!

Hey ladies!

My FI and I are talking honeymoons. We are a year out, but I am a super planner with things. Where can we get the most bang for our buck? 

We have a 10 day honeymoon window...and would like to stay at a resort. The budget is 4500-5000 including airfare. Thoughts? We would like to go, somewhere really tropical. Thanks so much! :) 
Life Is Sweeter With Icing on Top... Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Somewhere Amazing!

• Hawaii is amazing! I stayed on kauia for a week and loved every minute of it. U can rent a car and explore the island without having to take tours. It's more low key then the other island but would be perfect for a romantic honeymoon. We also went to pearl harbor on our layover before coming back home.
  • We are heading to Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Mexico is a bit more affordable than other places in the Caribbean, but still very beautiful. Isla Mujeres is a very small island with only a few resorts, all of which are all-inclusive and adults-only.
  • How about Belize or Costa Rica?

• My fiance and I are going to Couples Negril in Jamaica for 6 days for $3300.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mexico is awesome and within your budget. Since you are going to be there for an extended stay there is so much to do in Mexico. You could do something completely different every day and still not get bored. It is very affordable and you still feel like you are being pampered. Plus all inclusives include food and alcohol and a lot of resorts have a ton of entertainment and kayaks and other fun things. We stayed in Playa Del Carmen and felt extremely safe walking around and taking public transportation (Colletivo's/Buses) and never felt like we were in any danger. Almost all of the people in that area speak English as well since it is a resort community. Playa Del Carmen is halfway between Cancun and Tulum and right across the water from Cozumel so it is a perfect location.

• We just booked our trip for 8 nights in a Penthouse suite at Couples San Souci in Ocho Rios Jamaica for $4,000 including flights! It's all inclusive, including several excursions, transportation from airport, so on. We wanted tropical and I've been to Ocho Rios on a cruise before and have been dying to go to Dunn's River Falls again (which is included). The balconies and views look AMAZING!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards