July 2012 Weddings

Bachelorette (XP- Pre-wedding parties)

Hola July brides!

So one of my bridesmaids has offered to throw me a bachelorette. She has asked me to come up with some ideas, and I have NO IDEA. I told her that I would be absolutely thrilled with whatever she came up with, but she insisted that I come up with some ideas to make it special.

I'm the first of my friends to get married, and I've never been to a bechelorette party in my life. My shower will be the same day (my mom is throwing it,) And my BM thought it would be fun to make it an all-day celebration.
So, help me out here ladies? Do you know what you'll be doing for your bachelorette? Let me pick your brain :)

Re: Bachelorette (XP- Pre-wedding parties)

• I am pretty sure we are going out to a nice dinner then out to a bar to drink and dance.  I only know the city we are going to but everything else they are keeping as a surprise! 

From the ones I have been to in the past which has been a lot it was always dinner then out to drink and dance :)

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would say dinner and drinks/dancing is the most common thing!  We have a really cool bowling ally in Philly.

For my Bach party we are going to AC for the weekend but I have been to plenty that involve a fun club or bar in a nearby city!
  • I am not sure what my girls are doing. I just told them I want to have fun.
    The ones I have been to in the past have been like Lady mentioned drinking and dancing.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's what I figured went on, I had no idea!
  • I'm flying to San Diego to meet up with a friend who moved out there, then we're road tripping to Las Vegas to meet about 10 of my friends who are flying there from NY. We'll all be in Vegas for the weekend.

My MOH planned the whole thing in Vegas, then I decided to make the stop in San Diego. My plane ticket (which I paid for myself) actually ended up being cheaper that way, surprisingly, even though now it'll be NY to SD, then LV to NY. I asked her if it would be ok if I did this, and she was like YES OF COURSE! Otherwise I wouldn't have added those plans for fear of insulting her.

I think typically going out to a dinner/bar is the way to go. Everyone that my MOH spoke with really wanted a vacation and they all collectively decided on Vegas.  I CANNOT WAIT!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're all on really tight budgets, so they're throwing me a girls-only pool party at my house for the day and then going out to dinner later in the evening. 

I'm throwing a bachelorette party for my MOH next month (she's getting married in April) and I'm having a psychic medium come to my house to do a group reading and then we're going out for dinner/drinks.  I'm also trying to get my personal trainer (who is also an exotic dancer) to deliver flowers that day and then maybe dance around for her a little bit, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford it hahaha
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Our plan right now is to get dressed up, get a limo, go out to a nice dinner (or lunch not sure of times yet), and go mini-golfing! We wanted to do something fun. My friends and I are not big club/bar people so we didn't want that. We can still drink, at the meal and in the limo, plus have a good time doing something a little diffrerent. We also entertained the idea of going down to the city, in a limo, for a broadway show (Me and one of my BM's are huge theatre freeks!) but I think thats going to be to much money.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bachelorette-xp-pre-wedding-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c9d5ee8d-6d1e-452f-850d-0f12b0168a6aPost:8daf49c5-6ee2-4dbd-881d-76a87059d83f">Re: Bachelorette (XP- Pre-wedding parties)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're all on really tight budgets, so they're throwing me a girls-only pool party at my house for the day and then going out to dinner later in the evening.  I'm throwing a bachelorette party for my MOH next month (she's getting married in April) and I'm having a psychic medium come to my house to do a group reading and then we're going out for dinner/drinks.  I'm also trying to get my personal trainer (who is also an exotic dancer) to deliver flowers that day and then maybe dance around for her a little bit, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford it hahaha
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

I love the pool party!  If I had a pool I would so be doing this!  FI makes fun of how much I love swimming :)

The psychyc medium sounds really neat also! I can not wait to hear all about that!
  • I have no idea what my girls are doing. I'm not really the dancing type. My ideal party would be a picknick, followed by something active, then a dinner, aand afterwards a sleepover. Singstar karaoke would be a plus. But I know I'll love anything the girls plan for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i think we are going to rent out a pole dancing studio to start out my bachelorette party and have some private lessons :) then dinner and drinks and dancing, as other girls have said. 
  • We're going to an afternoon Phillies game with tailgating ahead of time, dinner and then a drag queen show. I can't wait!
  • Janeneo where are you going to see a drag queen show???  That sounds awesome :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards