Connecticut

Bands

Hi, I need band recommendations and also how did you go about finding one that you liked, did you go see them play at other weddings or jsut other events? This is one of our last "big" things to get out of the waythanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bands

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I just recently went to a bridal show and "Stolen Moments" was band there! They were phenomenial! [url]<a href="http://www.stolenmoments.com/theoriginalstolenmonents.html" rel='nofollow'>http://www.stolenmoments.com/theoriginalstolenmonents.html</a>[/url]
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    we found one word of month, we are looking into AfterParty, I am tagging on to your post...has anyone else used them before for their wedding and have comments??thanks!
  • Kathy 9/18/09Kathy 9/18/09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We had a really hard time picking our band - I had no idea where to begin. What we ended up doing was getting some CD's from bands I found on the internet and saw some play at bridal shows.  I narrowed down my selection based on recommendations from the message boards (both the CT and Hudson Valley boards).  Then I either had a meeting or call with the bands on my short list and ended up picking the band I got a "warm and fuzzy" feeling from. We ended up picking Bock and Blu - who got rave reviews from a few knotties that got married last year.  I will let you know how it turns out in a few weeks!
  • edited December 2011
    not sure what your budget is- we got married a week and a half ago in NY and had TS Ensemble. They travel and are VERY affordable compared to CT prices- we paid 3k and that was just for reception (not cocktail hour or ceremony) and those were witht he 2008 booking prices. I do not know how much $ it is for travel but its about 2 hours and I know they go to boston, etc all the time because the prices in Albany, NY are much much much lower due to the price of living, etc.
  • SweetSimaSweetSima member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.heartbeatdanceband.com/FI brought home their sampler cd and it was really good!  I haven't heard them in person but I would recommend them based on the cd I heard
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • JBDamonMJBDamonM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I TOTALLY reccomend Leigh Henry and Celebrations....   We got married in July. I would not cold pick a band, they had to come reccomended. My s-i-l used them at her wedding and raved about them! They are in the reasonable band price range and I can NOT say enough good things about them!!They were FABULOUS. They totally worked with me - and when they sang Living on a Prayer - the lead singer actually came out onto the dance floor -w alked the crowd with the mic and let everyone sing into it..... Hands down, probably my favorite wedding moment.Even my venue said they were great to work with. I had an issue with the check I sent them - they never got it. Leigh was great about the whole thing, waited two weeks after the wedding to get paid, while the Bank sifted things out.....He didn't complain once.I'd be happy to pass along their info. Can't say enough good things!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards