Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Sandals Montego Bay vs. Secrets Wild Orchid/St. James

thoughts?

We are looking for a fun, but relaxing all inclusive. Both look beautiful, and are similarly priced. I am aware of the airplane issue at Montego Bay, but I cant imagine it would be that bothersome.

Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Sandals Montego Bay vs. Secrets Wild Orchid/St. James

• Options
    both looked nice, but my FI and I decided on secrets st james! i've had a ton of people say nothing but positive things about it, and they have been there multiple times
  • Options
    Secrets!
  • Options
    We went to Sandals Montego Bay last year.  AWESOME.  Splurge and get the butler suite.  Best vacation even.  Definitley going back.  And the airport noise is a non-issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went to Secret Wild Orchid with my FH last year.  Was an amazing experience and they have such great restaurants that offer different cusines and levels of elegance.  It was nice to have options to dress up and dress down for, deoending on our mood.  Our rooms were amazing and I beleive that Secrets is built so that every room is an ocean view.  A jerk chicken vendor roams the grounds so you can have some delicious chicken while lounging by the pool and a cool Red Stripe. Loved it.
  • Options
    we just booked our honeymoon at Secrets Wild Orchid! We considered Sandals, but thought that overall, Secrets had more to offer, and I love that all of the rooms are ocean view. Can't wait!
  • Options
    We went to Secrets Wild Orchid in November for our honeymoon.  It was unbelievable!  The resort is far enough away from the airport that it's not really an issue.  We could see planes coming in and sometimes just hear them landing when they turned the brakes on.  But it wasn't bothersome at all.  The food was the best part, very delicious and lots of options with no reservations needed.  Not sure if Sandals is like that. 
    For wild orchid or st. james, Wild Orchid is closer to everything except for the spa and fitness center.  So if you want the quieter side I would go St. James, but if you want to have minimal walking, go for Wild Orchid.  We were in preferred at Wild Orchid and our rooms looked over the restaurants and the noise didn't both us. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards