Honeymoon Discussions

Travelocity tips/advice?

Hi girls, I am getting ready to book my HM on Travelocity because they seem to have the best deals, but Fi and I have never booked a vacation ourselves before so I am a little nervous. We are planning on going to an AI in Cancun. Do any of you use Travelocity? Would you recommend it? Any advice or tips I should know before booking? TIA!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Travelocity tips/advice?

• We are actually also looking at Travelocity to book our honeymoon! I just came to the boards to see if anyone else had advice. We are doing an AI in P*nta Cana. I know for us, and we've done lots of searching, its the cheapest we can find by several hunder dollars! I've booked hotels and flights through Travelocity before and I've never had any problems. I have never booked a trip this long or out of the country, though. We are booking through ebates.com as well which saves us an extra 2.5% I think it is and we also found a travel promo code for $50 off. Every little bit helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The thing about those discount sites is that you really don't usually get a discount unless it's last minute.  It's convenient to be able to book everything in the same place at the same time, but I would call the hotel/airline to double check what the prices are.  Sometimes discount sites actually have HIGHER prices than if you went directly through the hotel.  Read the fine print and policies carefully too, and if you need anything special (early or late check in, late check out, non-smoking room, etc) you should call the hotel directly.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • travelocity is well known but i would also check around on prices just to make sure. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've used travelocity at least a dozen times and have NEVER found a better price anywhere else when I was using them.  (The only exception is if you want to use priceline and name your own price, but you won't know the hotel name until after you book it.  And now travelocity is offering that too.)

They have always had the cheapest hotels, and if bundled with airfare, the cheapest airfare.

Then again, I've always just booked a hotel and/or a flight.  I've never booked with an all-inclusive, so I don't know if there are any differences with that.

Good luck!

SaveSave
  • Thank you for the advice! We probably will end up talking toa travel agent.. I just dont want to spend the extra money on that
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_travelocity-tipsadvice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:584a8c4b-9288-40e6-afa8-5ab220cfaf33Post:b192d51a-b375-4641-9c7b-72bc62a6dc02">Re: Travelocity tips/advice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for the advice! We probably will end up talking toa travel agent.. I just dont want to spend the extra money on that
    Posted by LoveYouB[/QUOTE]

Travel Agents don't cost any extra money. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards